Agnostic.com

7 2

Just a pet theory I have regarding black holes and the Big Bang.

Wormholes, the fate the universe, black holes, Big Bang.

Ok, so there are 3 ultimate outcomes of the universe:

1. heat death - universe just keeps expanding until the energy (heat) is so dispersed everything eventually reaches absolute zero and dissipates to nothingness.
  2. big crunch - everything falls into gravity and eventually the reverse of the Big Bang (also may lead to the 'Big Bounce'--a 2nd big bang of sorts resulting in a new universe...)
  3. steady state - a state perfectly balanced between the two; debatable whether this is even possible.

We all know black holes suck in all matter and light (the same thing in the eyes of physics).
Big Bang is where all energy came from.
Wormholes are links between two points in space-time.

My theory is that all the black holes have wormholes leading to the big bang--meaning that all matter/energy being sucked in is 'simultaneously' (and I use that term loosely, as it's not really applicable in physics/relativity) being released at the Big Bang. I also suggest this is all black holes in the past, present, and future. This also complies with the Law of Conversation of Mass --which black holes defy.

In this way, the universe could maybe stay in a 'steady state'.
Of course, the theory has many holes (no pun intended, well, maybe), and I'm not accounting for dark matter which is still largely an unknown to physicists anyway.

Xenocat 6 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a 4th option, but lack the knowledge to explain it, am working on it

If you would humor me.....I like this stuff but readily admit I have very limited knowledge on it. So what you are saying is the black holes suck in all the matter around it and this leads to a "big bang" and creation of another universe? I have heard the theory of universes popping out from other universes continuously. The second question is, well probably sound funny, but if black holes are sucking in all matter, why is there matter left in this Universe?

The second question is fairly straightforward: there is a lot of matter that is nowhere near a black hole and therefore in no danger of getting sucked in. (Aren't we lucky!)

1st the "Observable Universe" is expanding - not the Universe.
2nd All matter obeys the laws of physics
3 Wormholes are science fiction

gater Level 7 Feb 6, 2018

There is a theory that electrons exist in both particle and wave form, which would allow extreme compaction, on a sub particle level. Which is why black holes are attributed to working relative to this theory, and something about the super condensed amount of radiation and the way gravity alters things, is how space and time, become so strained. Dark energy and all that, just too many variables to even begin to fathom what crossing the point of no return would yield. Maybe you could end up going back in time, but they've witnessed too many energy jets stemming from the black holes exterior, to think it's safe even trying to get close to it.

Hmmmm your concept has merit, but has been theorised about by a number of physicist. I agree that Blacholes may indeed be the precorssors of new universe's..my only thoughtful suggestion would be, the new universe's would only be created by the "death" of the "birthing" Blackhole..

I like the Steady State. I recently read that someone has a theory that some places in the universe is expanding while other places are contracting. No Big Bang and no need for Dark Matter/Energy. I think it said it also solves some other problems too but I can't remember them.

I am not a physicist or cosmologist so I will not make a comment other than this one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21486
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.