Agnostic.com

4 1

QUESTION Have any of you read the atheist comic Transmetropolitan??

This is going to be what I am reading next as it forewarns of two things I detest 1) organized religion and 2) Donald Trump. Written back in 1998 - 2003 the main character is Spider Jerusalem "He is also an avowed, often virulent atheist who opposes all organized religion, which he sees as little more than unworthy authority figures that exploit their members."

The main storyline of the series, the election and corrupt presidency of Gary Callahan (or "The Smiler" ), begins in the series' second year and lasts the rest of its run. Spider initially considers Callahan the lesser evil compared to the incumbent president ("The Beast" ), but his investigation into Callahan's past and his ties with a right-wing hate group lead to Callahan having his own campaign manager, Vita Severn, a friend of Jerusalem's, murdered. In a one-on-one meeting, Spider realizes that Callahan is not merely corrupt, but a complete lunatic who wants to be President solely to hurt people with his new power. To Jerusalem's horror and disgust, the people vote Callahan into office by a wide margin.

Hugene2002 7 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for posting. I've not read, but glad to have been introduced to it and read the summary. I don't know if the subheading of the article is correct though. It's not. One thing cannot tell us everything about something else. It can only help us understand part of it a little better. Who knows what surprises are ahead of us in this election and upcoming term? Maybe a positive turning point. Maybe we unlock some of the keys to growing personal responsibility by selecting leaders with the right values.

not read

I have not, but I have read "Sinfest" by Tatsuya Ishida. Brilliant!
[sinfest.net]

I've been following Sinfest for a couple of years. I want more Pooch and Percy, however. LOL.

Seems I will to investigate this further, thanks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.