Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK The Psychology of Anti-Semitism

There is a link to the referenced study within the article, but the article is not simply a summary of the study; the study supports a theory of judging groups as warm/cold and competent/incompetent, and the article applies this specifically (with other examples) to the phenomenon of antisemitism. it's extremely interesting and accessible.

g

genessa 8 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Peter Glick;s paper is excellent.

One of the problems we have in the US is labeling people as anti-Semitic because they don't support Israel's actions in the Mid-East.

Some pro-Israeli factions aggressively attempt to brand people like Linda Sarsour, as being anti-Semitic and these factions succeed in smearing her name in the press. These factions are trying to dissuade women from taking part in the Women's March because Sarour was co-chair in 2017. See following:

[nypost.com]

cava Level 7 Nov 5, 2018

i disagree. one of the problems we have here is that people who criticize israel SAY they're being labeled antisemitic, when in fact they're not. the ones who ARE being labeled antisemitic are not just criticizing israel (for its treatment of palestinians, for example; i criticize israel for that, and for its rightwing asshole, bibi, myself). they're criticizing israel for EXISTING, and blaming jews worldwide for that. that IS antisemitic. this brings up the question of what pro-israel actually means. does it mean someone who is in favor of the current iaraeli administration, and its actions? that would not be me. or does it mean someone who believes israel should continue to exist as a nation? that would be me. i do not want to read the new york post. i am too familiar with the new york post, thanks.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.