Agnostic.com

3 3

My live , my own National Park.

I m sitting at home , with a broken foot, and because of that, with tons of time. I m not unhappy with that, but I sense somehow that this is a good opportunity to refocus in on myself , to find new goals, see new perspectives and find out, what I want.
Since I turned into an Atheist about 6 years ago , I have no guidance , no holy or smart book, nobody in the sky to show me the way.

Asking other people is always an option , but whats good for one of us , might not be good for all of us.

There was an idea in my head. What if I make my life my own National Park ? Using one big red dot for my current location . The all famous " Your here " ? I desighn the park as I hike through it. There is only one rule to follow, NEVER GO BACK, since space is gonna replace time in this map.

This might help me focusing on the NOW. Standing in front of the map, I can pin point where I m at, the status of my life, my role in society , my health and all other factors that are my current present.

I m NOT at any other location in that park ! I can sit on a bench , close my eyes , and remember the other spots I visited, maybe I still see them far away, but they are history, there is no going back there . Going back isnt allowed.

Once I know exactly where I m at, I start looking around. What is there to see, what is there to do , what is there to learn ? Who else is there ? How can I enjoy this location of the park and make the best of it ? Or how can I survive here ? Before I go on hiking to the next yet unknown location ?

" Your here " = Be present ๐Ÿ™‚ take shelter , if you need to , spread a picnicblanket and relax , if that looks good right now. Enjoy the view, listen to the river flow, or the eagle cry, and marvel about it.
Start a fire in a little cozy cabin with other humans or bears lol in your location. Plant a tree, grow a herb , jump on rocks....

Its your spot to be right now , and the next spot is not in sight yet.
" Your here " = Enjoy the spot

ThatpersonIam 5 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

nice one!

I am a bit confused, are you describing a physical (journey into the real world and roll the dice as to infringing upon other's territory goal) for what could potentially yield a devastating misadventure or are you describing the framework for a mental journey or simply an enhanced perspective mindset into your creative imagination (that could be shared with others via correspondence) potentially yielding the framework for a fantasy/adventure book?

@ThatpersonIam If your adventure was to be taken literally, the act of "plant a tree" while moving forward (unless you owned hundreds of miles of land) would involve changing someone elseโ€™s landscape or at least travelling through territory others have claimed. Several 1st hand stories from those I have met are brought to mind. One young person I met while in the army told me his adventure while walking (trespassing on private land) across the bottom of a dry valley. He heard a voice in the distance scream, "Get the fuck off my land!" A second later he heard the sound of a gunshot and felt a bite as his leg give out landing him face up on the ground. He showed me the holes where the bullet went in and came out. He was very lucky as although the bullet passed through a lot of muscle, the bullet did not hit a bone or major blood vessel and after laying on the ground and not moving for a very long time hoping not to be shot again, he was able to get out of the valley and sew himself up. The holes on his leg looked like a pretty large calibre round. There are a few other similar stories from more reliable people I could relate but I am sure you get the idea. I take it you were speaking metaphorically, but if taken metaphorically, my earlier response may apply. If I am understanding your thought process better, you may (or may not) also be addressing some profound questions including re-accessing (between the lines) who you are now ((implied)) (what made you who you are now (absolutely necessary to understand who you are)) to best move forward in life. Many years ago after a profound change in my life I devoted countless hours over the course of several month to evaluate why I allowed some dire choices over years (to help one other above my own good) to adversely dictate the outcome of my future. This question was only answered after I evaluated all events that had influenced my development. (metaphorically speaking now) I hope you find a pleasant path to walk filled with beauty and warmth and are not shot by a landowner who doesn't want you in his valley.

I like that. I live in another world for an hour or so when I wake up in the morning and it is always a good time. Then I finish waking up and have to get out of bed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.