Agnostic.com

7 8

Media silence as gang rape survivor from northern Iraq wins Nobel Peace Prize

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The munition factories don't advertise if newscasters make them look bad.

The orange one consumes all the oxygen .

I heard a lot about this on NPR. There are still media outlets that cover news. The winners are both courageous and deserving.

JimG Level 8 Nov 5, 2018

I don't think there was media silence. I read several articles when the award was announced. Also Nadia Murad (not Murda as the photo is captioned) was an entry in a "newflash" crossword that I receive via e-mail.

That said, the coverage is a bit muted, but suspect in the US, the midterm elections have drowned out a lot of other news.

As an aside, I was about to accuse the article of its own media silence for not mentioning the co-honoree of the Peace Prize this year. Denis Mukwege is at least mentioned in the final paragraph.

I did hear about that and I love that they keep trolling trump with their nominees. One thing that the media is especially silent about is that a black man was just lynched in 2018 in the US and the police insist on investigating it as suicide because he was an early Ferguson/BLM protester. Sickening 😟 Danye Jones is his name.

There’s not that much media silence. I think I read an article on The World Tribune about it.

"What does a woman know?" a line from "The Mummy", said by the first guy to be eaten by insects. Women have a strong history in science and math, about time a woman gets recognized for her effort.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:216681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.