Agnostic.com

2 1

Science has laid waste to social hubris and arrogance for centuries and it remains the best tool to do so. However today it is being challenged by so much fake news and claims and so many people accept this without question that it is hindering progress. This has been especially true with this administration and it's revulsion of science in it's decision making. Now is the time to turn this around and we need the support of the meida to return to it's mission of searching out facts about everything and stop reporting mis-information as fact.

Marine 8 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They do report facts. Even on Fox, Shepherd Smith does report facts. The network news report facts. PBS reports facts. Don't confuse opinion outlets like MSNBC and Fox other than Smith with news.

I do not watch Faux news and know nothing about Shepherd Smith, but if he is a Faux news personality and he reported "facts" he would no longer be with Faux news. Just my opinion of course.

@jlynn37 You are wrong. He does the news. He criticizes the night time personalities, and they don't like it at all. On top of that he is gay. I'm surprised they haven't fired him either. I don't watch FOX, but l do check in on them to see what they aren't talking about. I have caught Smith and he reports the news. He is not doing opinion.

@Sticks48 Your opinion is noted as is mine.

@jlynn37 You would have to give me examples of fake news. Saying it is not proof. I need examples.

@Sticks48 Climate change is a hoax.

Most people obtain their information from news reporting by written word or the TV these days. They accept this information as fact without researching any of this . Many simply do not know how to do the research which should be taught in our schools as mandatory classes.

I'd be happy if they just made truth in reporting mandatory again.

@CommonHuman You are just saying something without one example.

@CommonHuman Who decides what truth is? Trump?

@Bignate901 Um, no. I'm referring to wanting faux to actually not be a propaganda machine. Calm down.

@Sticks48 Trump "I have kept more promises than I have made"Fox news thought this was a great example of trump's success.

@Bignate901 It really isn't that hard. If it happen the way it is reported.

@Sticks48 Blue colar trump supporters who stand to loose their health insurance ( prior illness protection), Social security and equal pay and still support him. They do not get this information on Fox news.

@Marine I am only talking about Smith. He just reports the news. They have to have that show to call it Fox News. MSNBC is not called MSNBC News because it is not news. It is opinion. Without Smith. it would just be Fox. I know what you are saying, but nothing will save those people are not bright. They make decisions based on emotions not reason.

@Sticks48 I agree about the emotion but they are still being foolish as are the one issue voters primarilly abortion and guns.

@Marine I know. They continually vote against their own self interest. If that isn't the definition of stupid, l don't know what is.

@CommonHuman Investigative reporting is almost dead because of corporate ownership of the news media.

@Marine True. There is real reporting going on, which is why we do know the stuff we do know, which is quite a bit.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217084
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.