Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Watch This Conservative Pastor’s Mind Get Blown As He Discovers How Secular Scandinavia Is | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This is from 2014 but I bet you can repeat this today with the same results. Even Oprah was taken by surprise how Scandinavia is so secular (I posted that video a while back). In the end they just don't get it.

Those of us in the U.S. think we’re amazing at everything… mostly because we’re blissfully ignorant about how the rest of the world operates.

That’s pretty much the basis for a fascinating documentary series called The Norden: They take Americans who are passionate about a certain issue, send them to Scandinavia, have them see how it’s done over there, and film their jaws dropping.

There’s the setup for this clip in which a conservative Southern pastor, Marty McLain, finds out how religion works in a mostly secular region:

Lukian 8 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought it very ironic that one of the few people who believed in God.. was a Muslim lol

yep and his reaction was priceless.

It's so bizarre to me when he says "whatever you like" as if it's a bad thing.

He really he thinks he has a good bead on things until he sees what is out in the real world. Sort of funny in a sorry way.

Poor Marty...out of his comfort zone! Never met so many rational people before!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.