Agnostic.com

15 8

Do you get a kick out of seeing James Randi expose frauds?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really love James Randi. I used to believe in a lot on things like ESP when I was younger and his books and articles really opened my mind as to how there is really no evidence at that it exists.

I love how critical he is, which I don’t blame him because he has to be.

Of course!

Yeah. He's an OK guy in my book.

I love The Amazing Randi. I used to watch him on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show. Johnny loved exposing Uri Geller, you could tell by the way he went along with it.

Love James Randi. In the UK we have someone a little similar called Derren Brown. He purposely keeps himself fairly low key, but There is lots of stuff on him on youtube. Also his book 'A trick of the Mind' was the pretty much the book that changed my life. Great Book if you like critical thinking, and the argument and rational for a naturalistic world veiw

I’ll have to check that out. Darren Brown, that is.

@EmeraldJewel No its Derren Brown. He uses mgic tricks, hypnosis, suggestion and misdirection during his performances. He is better at doing the psychic medium stuff than any psycich medium that I have ever seen and that is despite the fact he is a naturalist and doesn't except it is possible to contact the dead. He educates people on the tricks these frauds use. Also he is wonderfully entertaining. Hope you find a clip or 2 that you enjoy. If you have the time, here is the footage of the most complained about TV show of all time which Derren presented. Its called Seance

@RobH86 ok. Sorry about that error of his name. Oops! Lol

@EmeraldJewel thats ok, just didnt want you to google someone else by mistake. Derren is an unusual name mind. Cant think of anyone else with that name

Huge fan of James Randi. Also, Penn & Teller. Using entertainment, magic and whatever their gifts are to expose people who would take advantage of the desperate or the gullible is a noble use of talent. Houdini did the same thing. Seeking the truth wherever it leads is always a good thing.

That million dollar cheque should be pretty moldy by now, eh.

Lol ikr since no one can ever prove they have supernatural abilities.

I really do enjoy James Randi. He goes beyond the hyperbole of the flim-flam artist and exposes the raw facts behind the charade. I could use a little less drama in his act, but he is also in show business.

I love that guy. We need more like him.

I agree!

Hell yes. James Randi is amazing. 😀

JimG Level 8 Feb 7, 2018

I've seen them all... he leaves them standing there with egg on their faces. I like those guys that wear a lab coat and a pocket full of pens... lol.

I really liked the documentary that followed him through his struggle with his boyfriend's (husband?) immigration battle. It's amazing how the promise of love can make even James Randi ignore the evidence.

I loved it when he exposed the transmitter in Peter Popoff's ear and tapped into the communication from back stage. He was on to all of the big time phonies, like Uri Geller, John Edwards, and Sylvia Browne. He deserves a worthy successor to expose all the charlatans of this all-too-gullible age.

Yes, that was epic!!!

Who doesn't?

Just making sure. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t a sadist who got off from people’s misfortune.

Yes. Unfortunately he has slowed down over the years and I don't think he is doing that much anymore. I would love to see start to step up to take his place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21755
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.