Agnostic.com

4 0

Universal Truth

A universal truth remains as a constant no matter where we search within this universe. It requires no proof because it is self-evident. Humans may become aware of its existence, but such awareness has no effect on its presence. This would seem to violate a principle of physics that suggests the mere act of observation changes that which is observed. Can a universal truth be altered in this manner or in any other way?

Dwight 7 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Still would appreciate an exact example...i tend to think in analogies.
Huh...this is supposed to be a Reply to you in "my" thread below......?

Could be the speed of light as a constant and/or a limit which can't be exceeded.

there is your truth their truth and facts ie the truth but how many real truths next to what you really think is the truth is probably vast.

Duhhhhhh

Can you be more specific?!?

About what exactly?

@Dwight what exactly do you think is a "universal truth"? Colors are in the eye of the see-er, sound exists independently? Smell 8s subjective, and so on.....

@AnneWimsey those sound like old saws or rules of thumb. No, just as I said above, true no matter what parr of the universe you are in. Unchanging by any dimension that varies, etc. And of course, the physics paradox that I suggested.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21790
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.