Agnostic.com

9 4

QUESTION Pink - Me & bobby McGee - YouTube

This is the song in my head this morning, and today I heard it with my feminist ears. Why would we trade all our tomorrows for someone who doesn't love us?

One day up near Salinas, Lord, I let him slip away
He's lookin' for that home, and I hope he finds it
But, I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for a single yesterday
To be holdin' Bobby's body next to mine

Honey, if Bobby loved you he'd be there with you. Bobby didn't love you, let him go and find that one who will be there for you.

I hope I didn't ruin this song for anyone.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve always admired her voice. She can really sing!

the "lord" could have ruined that song, but it didn't; sung by Janis, who achieved to transfer a sweet innocence with an incredibly sultry voice, i love the tune. pink didn't add to it; you didn't take away from it 😉

Great version! 🙂

Janis Joplin failed to find love with Joe Namath. ...and her true love was a needle & smack

When I think of that song I think of Janice Joplin

It's hard going back to old songs, movies, tv shows, etc. after becoming woke. Used to love Woody Allen's old stand-up routines. Too much is objectionable now.

right

??/ Bobby slipped away, as in overdosed and died.

do you know I never caught that. Makes a difference.

@HippieChick58I just looked it up. Looks like we're both wrong. 🙂 Mostly me though. "Narrative
The song is the story of two drifters, the narrator and his girlfriend Bobby McGee. The couple hitch a ride from a truck driver and sing as they drive through the American south. They visit California and then part ways, with the song's narrator expressing his sadness after her departure."

@HippieChick58 Oh wow... You may want to read the wiki page on the song. If you haven't. .

@Dick_Martin, ha! that changes the entire picture in terms of feminism, genders, etc. Kris Kristofferson, huh?

@walklightly, Being a man and all, I of course don't cry. But dang, I did get something in my eye.

@Dick_Martin thank you for that. I learned more about that song tonight thank I've know my whole life. I was 11 when it was first released.

Thanks for posting this . I like Pink & I've always liked Janis Joplin ! Good find 🙂

Dougy Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

I like Pink also, every time I see her I've been impressed. I will grant you I don't see any celebrity often.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.