Agnostic.com

9 18

Christmas cactus- my longest relationship.

The first flower on my big, 48 year-old Christmas Cactus opened today. This is a "Thanksgiving" style Christmas Cactus that blooms from November to April.

At age 17, I started this plant with two cutting in Michigan.

When my daughter Claire was little, we laid on our backs and gazed up at cascading flowers.

"They look like butterflies!" Claire said, delighted.

In April 2017, I took cuttings from this plant and gave newly-rooted plants to Claire and a friend. Claire was thrilled to have a duplicate of the Christmas Cactus she loves.

Claire said her new Christmas Cactus is starting to bloom, too.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful. I'd like to have some.

Now thats a beautiful plant...

What a great thing to be able to pass a clone onto your daughter! I’m sure she is thrilled! ❤️?

@Barnie2years

You're right. Claire was thrilled!

This one is my roommates.

MOST Impressive! I have one that lasted 40 years and thought that was pretty special. But Wow on yours! Good TLC and a green thumb you have!

Here is my friend's new Christmas Cactus, that I started with cuttings in April 2017.

These are some of my favorite plants to keep around the house. They are so pretty. ?

What a beautiful plant. My Christmas cactus are not even close to blooming. ?
My longest relationship were with my dogs (16years).... they both passed. I have a dracaena (bought on sale after mothers day) that might be older, but I gave it to my friend when I moved, then last year I took a cut out of it.

That is beautiful!!!!-!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.