Agnostic.com

10 1

Anyone dislike their family to the degree thay have changed their name?

Marine 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I do not use my surname at all, my cousin has changed hers to her mothers maiden name.

I haven't changed my name, but I've changed what I call some of them.

My youngest has been wanting to change his last name for years but don't have the money to do it. Now that his father has died it's not as big of an issue with him.

Well... no.... but my sister can go to hell or something similar. I have no use for my in-laws that are descendant of my father... screw them too.

Thinkers eventually leave the tribe and that's okay. It's actually very good. When the tribe objects, that's their choice and that's unfortunate, but usual. When the tribe tries to coerce you, that's very bad and that's on them. To really live you have to be YOU and follow your heart and your inner wisdom. To give that up is a terrible price to pay. It's to not really live. Your sacrifice would not even be acknowledged. The tribe wouldn't care. So live!!!!!!

I've thought about it. It would be more effort than I feel it's worth. My name is my name more than anyone else's.

It's hard for me to imagine holding that much hate for anyone or against anything. I did use a stage name for my music performing years, but that was because it was difficult to imagine anyone being drawn to Jacobs and Eschenbach in those years. We were somewhat before the Humperdink era.

Nope, I don't live with that much hate in me.

Only to the extent that I've never gone back to my maiden name. It's an unnecessary and ridiculous expense anyway.

Well, it all depends on "how" your family has treated you...or what they -or one of its members- have done. The son of Charles Manson told to a reporter that he pays for his father's sins. Another reason to change your last name is bullying....I know a girl whose last name is Culasso )huge ass) and she has been teased all her life.

@DUCHESSA The only thing it depends on is how the individual feels about it. Their reasons are their own.

@KKGator Trust me, it all depends on many reasons...and in many cases on the desire to "build a new life".

My grandmother changed the family name because of a falling out, and it was her married name and not her own. just changed the spelling by replacing the first letter from an I to an E.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21888
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.