Agnostic.com

5 0

This site describes being 'spiritual' as belief in the supernatural, so I ask is it possible to be an agnostic or atheist and still identify as spiritual?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lordy, yes! My first post on this site questioned the value/validity of "spirituality." I got a few nods in agreement, but was thoroughly whacked by many, many members who got offended, defensive, some even a bit nasty about it. Now, I live life as a fugitive, always looking over my shoulder, haunted, hunted by minions of the New Age, threatening me with "energy," "higher power," and improbable yoga postures. It's kinda fun.

Sure, you just have to define "spiritual" differently.

Aliens are supernatural...

I’m a bit of a Buddhist, and so believe in things like enlightenment and some form of life after death, but despite that I have some clear ideas on the Christian God (he doesn’t exist) and have concluded other gods also belong to the realm of mythology.

Evidently some people believe in teh supernatural, but not in any god(s) or supreme beings.

I'm not one of them, and I dot' see them as being dangerous like some religions people are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:219706
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.