Agnostic.com

4 4

Body language question for the ladies.

I work in technology with application developers daily. For the first time one of my teams has a majority women on it. This is very unusual in my field which typically has a lot of men in it.

In conversation with me they are constantly touching my arms. I have one peer of mine who walks so close to me she practically runs into me while we walk and talk. There are times where I want to tell her, "could you back up about a foot?" I mean shoulder to shoulder the whole time. I'm not used to this as my previous teams were mostly men, and they never did this. I'm assuming all this means is that they are comfortable around me? Is this just a thing women do in casual conversation at work or generally? I don't think it is weird per se, I'm just used to having a personal bubble. Now that bubble is constantly being invaded.

SteveB 7 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

they like you, they really like you but i still see it at a friendly level or like a brother but I am a person that could touch someone and not have a sexual thought about it

Ya I think they need to respect your personal space.

You’ll just have to ask them to change their habits. It’s your personal space. It is ok to ask for boundaries.

I'd be careful, women usually touch when the are interested. It seems a little too familiar for work. You probably need to reset your bubble boundaries.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.