Agnostic.com

1 0

Agnostic.com demographics

Does anyone know or know how to get the demographics for this site. I'd like to know how many members there are in total, how many men, how many woman, what the age ranges are, etc.

Jay1313132018 7 Nov 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm curious too. I keep hearing on the boards that they site is overwhelmingly male.

Actually, it's about 3 to 1 last time I looked.

@Jay1313132018 Figures. The local atheist/agnostic group is the same way. I don't feel like showing up there to waste my time competing with the other men there for the few women who might attend. It's to the point of laughable with local meet up groups. For example, there's a new Meet-Up group in my local area for Moviegoers. It's mostly male and younger people than me. But after looking at the members list I saw that as far as women my age it was pretty much all women whose names and profile pics were ones I recognized from Match that had already rejected me or I had rejected them. Same with the local ballroom dance Meetup group. Almost all the same women. Plus, for good measure, there was also the only woman my age who had attended another movie group, a film discussion group, for the first meeting over a year ago and never came back. She also ignored a FB message I sent her later expressing interest in meeting for coffee. Same women at all the groups and no compatible new prospects to be gained by trying out new activity groups.

My conclusion? It 's very easy to say to someone who's trying to find someone to date "Just get out there and join a bunch of groups". The reality is that in practice it's not going to improve your odds of meeting someone compatible anymore than the dating site or the grocery store. It's just that making what seems like an obvious good suggestion makes the person offering it feel better about trying to help you, but the fact is they are ignorant and clueless about the facts on the ground.......

I've been out of the dating scene for about 10 yrs. So, I don't have any useful ideas for you. My approach here is to make friends with like minded people, including women. If something more than friendship should develop, great. But, I'm not purposely looking for romantic relationships.

But, what do I know. I haven't been dating for a decade. Good luck to you.

@Jay1313132018 I'm here for dating and community, but realisticly there's little chance of meeting someone compatible on here in my local area since new women my age rarely join this site from my area. Not going to date long distance or relocate either. It's fine that you don't have any useful ideas because I really wasn't looking for suggestions from you. I've had plenty of suggestions from others offline and on that were useless because, unlike you, they weren't in touch with how little they knew and how different things are from when they were last dating.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:220653
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.