Agnostic.com

3 9

Eritrean refugee children see first snow in Canada. I will melt your heart.

I love Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's comment:

"Amazing - now convince them that shoveling is fun and you're all set. Thank you for everything you do, Rebecca. #WelcomeToCanada"

[huffingtonpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I lived in Atlanta, we had two refugees from Soviet Georgia...a sister and a brother, in their early 20's...I will never forget the joy and amazement on their faces the first time we took them to the farmers market/grocery store near us...they picked up food...smelled them, laughed, shouted to each other in their native tongue, and filled our cart with things they did not have access to in their own country...it was one of the most sobering moments in my adult life...the things we take for granted...food...gave me a new appreciation for my privileged life and made me a supporter of many more refugees since then.

Canada just wants to give them a snow hug.

I had watery eyes watching this. I'm not boasting about Canada, because other countries accept refugees, but I just started thinking how those little kids have been spared from experiencing some horrible stuff.

I guess we need to look towards Canada if we want a little, moral, sane leadership.......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221802
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.