Agnostic.com

8 4

QUESTION 5 Common Habits of Unsuccessful People (Are These Holding You Back?)

Just as successful people seem to share common character traits and lifestyle habits, so do unsuccessful people. According to Business Insider, people who struggle to excel in their career and other aspects of life share a few bad habits that may contribute to their lack of success. While even wildly successful people have their faults and no one is perfect, these bad habits may be holding you back. The first step is to recognize your bad habits. Only then can you work toward dropping your old ways and developing the habits that successful people share. If you're guilty of any of the following bad habits, it may be time to reevaluate your tendencies.

1. Tardiness. Showing up late on a regular basis is not only unprofessional, but it may be linked to a series of other negative characteristics. One study even found that chronic lateness could be linked to certain personality traits like anxiety, low self-control, and a need for thrill-seeking.

2. Conformity. Successful people tend to have little concern for what others think of them. If you want to be successful, blending in will never help you stand out or be recognized for your accomplishments.

3. Procrastination. This one is a bit obvious, but putting off work until the last minute can be detrimental to your career. According to Business Insider, it can cost you time, money, and respect.

4. Lying. When you work hard and follow through on brilliant ideas, there's no need to lie or cheat to get to the top. Yet this common bad habit is easy to fall back on in a pinch. If you have a tendency to fib, make a point to break this bad habit once and for all.

5. Burning Bridges. Unless you are dealing with a seriously toxic situation, it's best to not alienate those around you, even if there are disagreements. You never know when you may need to rely on a person in the future.

Make 2018 the year you break up with your bad habits and begin adopting new ones that will better serve you and your career. There are plenty of successful women to look up to. Take a page out of their books and see how far their advice could take you. Head to Business Insider for the full story.

Dougy 7 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would like to add blaming others to this list. I see that so much in life and at work from people. If you suck at something, OWN it and get better.

Is this based on statistics, or what? I accomplish this list much better than many of my friends I know who are way more successful than me.

How do you define sucess?
Like this? $ucce$$?

Being able to achieve your goals in life , in what you deem a timely manner .

Procrastination: Why do today something that can be put off until tomorrow? There's every chance that circumstances will change and you'll have to redo it anyway. Also, if it is an important decision, the longer you wait, the more information you have.

Also, there's a sweet spot with tardiness. Arrive ten minutes early and you waste 10 minutes of your life waiting for everyone else. Arrive ten minutes late and you're a marked man, or woman. Arrive two minutes late and you get there right when the action begins,

OK, these are not habits of mine, yet I am pretty much unsuccessful, pretty much totally because of number 2. I am non conformist.

Conformity is the problem , so you are doing the right thing , according to the article . Well done 👍

This week has been hard, crappy traffic and... well, too much time on here! I've been pushing the envelope at getting to work in the morning and getting to bed at night. I am also good at procrastination, but not so much at work. I never lie, I never burn bridges. And conformity, have ya'll met me yet, do I seem like I conform? This list makes me feel pretty darn good!! 🙂 Yay me!!

I'm on here a good bit myself .

Oh, I've got a whole 'nother list...

At this moment, I am rather pleased with myself. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.