Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Proof we weren't created "in God's own image"

Thought-provoking irrefutable proof we were NOT created in God's image.

jniece 6 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A friend of mine thinks we were made in god's image and we are perfect in every way. He back pedals a lot when I mention wisdom teeth and appendix.

Wouldn't we be invisible if we were made in God's image,?

The human species created its idea of god in its own human image. A bit of self love and self justification going on in that. Some Freudian bits in there too, as to the nobodaddy in the sky. Of course that cannot and is not really God. A God would be beyond any such human comprehension and human description. Far too alien to be defined in human terms.

I know making a click-baity title has it's benefits but this is not proof but only good arguments in favor of good not looking like a human being.
We can't prove god exists or doesn't exist.
We can't prove how he looks or doesn't look.
And we can't prove we were not created (even though we have a pretty good understanding how we came to be).
"Proof" means we know something for certain. When we say we can prove something that we actually can't we are weakening our position and give theists grounds for an argument when otherwise they have none. We shouldn't give them this opportunity.

Dietl Level 7 Nov 13, 2018

not saying proof god doesn't exist. it proves we couldn't have been created in the image of the god of the bible

@jniece
But even that can't be proven. It's a chidish idea, sure. And you can make good arguments against it but that's all.

@Dietl On point. Thanks for posting!

Well, given that man created gods in his own image, of course he would say god created man in his own image.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:222311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.