Agnostic.com

8 1

Graveyard shift.

How is the graveyard shift treating you? I work in Rehab center and for the most part I quite enjoy it. Most of the patients inder my care are seniors trying get their independence back.

Alestorm 2 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Graveyard shift rehab? I didn't know that existed.

It's OK until 4AM or it's the first night in a while.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Yeah ... that's rough for the seniors... it won't happen. Once they're in... that's where they stay... it's ugly but true...

In my early 20's I worked on a railroad midnight to 8AM shift for 6 years , I loved it. Seeing the sun rise , knowing my shift is ending brought a serene sense to me. I was single at the time and my crew and I would stop for a few beers before heading home. I would go to bed about 10AM and sleep till about 5PM. Had to quit because I got married and she wanted me to work normal hours.

I worked the 12m - 8a shift for 6 months when I first hired on to my job and it totally messed up my life while I was working it. After I finally got off I swore I would never work it again unless my continued employment depended on it. I did however work the 4p - 12m and 6p - 2a and they were my preferred shifts during my working life.

I like it but my sleep schedule is basically non existent now.

My husband has worked graveyard for a few years. He doesn't mind it but getting quality sleep is challenging...

I've worked the night shift several times during my working life. I rather enjoyed it.
For one thing, there are much fewer members of management hovering about.
I always found I got more work done because I was left alone.

@Alestorm After I was out of Transportation, I was in Sterile Processing and Decontam. I didn't have much patient interaction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.