Agnostic.com

15 2

As agnosic/atheist, how would you want your funeral to go?

I say throw a party for mine.

Taijiguy 6 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Take the parts of me others can use. Take the rest three or more miles offshore put my weight belt on and toss me overboard and let the fish feed on me. May as well make use of all of the remains and do it inexpensively

I want to die somewhere no one knows me and just drops me in a hole.

If any of my friends are still partying that's how i'd like to be sent off

Dude! I always wanted a bar, and a band/dj, with t-shirts that say, "I went to Kevin's funeral, but don't remember a damn thing!"
Open casket. Drag me out, put me in a corner in a chair (w/sunglasses), and put a beer in my hand.THEN say, "Don't he look natural!" and mean it. Some flowers, because I love flowers, but not funeral type. More like wedding centerpieces.
Then, at the latest permitted time, FIREWORKS!!????
Why not? "Bereaved" wake-up hungover, and say, "That shithead! I want to be dead, now, too!"

I’ve always said “use whatever you can of me and do whatever you want with me that brings you comfort.” Makes no difference to me. Funerals are for the living.

Having grown up Catholic and even been a church organist for a while, I have a lot of bad memories around the word "funeral". I don't want one. But I will be dead and won't care. Mostly I'd rather my friends and loved ones came to see me before the system shuts down.

I don't want a funeral, just cremate me and throw me wherever

If all goes to plan, I have some idea that the end is near, throw a HUGE party, let my hair down totally. Say my good byes, then vanish soon after.

There's a company in Italy that packs remains in a "pod" that contains the root ball of a sapling. So instead of a cemetary, you have a forest. I love that idea. And in fact have actually in the past buried my deceased animals under the roots of a sapling.

One of my nephews has informed me that there will be a "roast" in lieu of a funeral.
I like that idea. People can share whatever stories they like, and have a good laugh at
my expense. It'll probably be some sort of barbecue, and many adult beverages will be
consumed.
He's also informed me that he plans to bring in a rabbi to say a few words. LOL
None of us are jewish. He's only telling me that to aggravate me now, before I'm dead.

I plan to reside at a body farm.

I don't want a funeral. I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered. And I want this to be as inexpensive as possible.

marga Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

I think it would be nice to have a party before I die, then when I do die people can just go on with their lives, but if there is a party for me, I’d want to be there.

I don't want one. I know I can not trust anyone to keep it secular and plus I don't want to leave behind a financial burden, F that noise.

That's what i got going on...lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.