Agnostic.com

3 0

QUESTION Canada's M.A.I.D. Program was mentioned in a group I follow.

On this page

-About medical assistance in dying
-Eligibility criteria
-Obtaining medical assistance in dying
-Roles of the provinces and territories
-Federal guidelines: reporting of deaths in cases of medical assistance in dying
-Independent reviews
-Monitoring and reporting on medical assistance in dying
-Consultations on proposed regulations for monitoring medical assistance in dying
-Supporting palliative care and other end-of-life care options

Changes to the Criminal Code

In February 2015, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled in Carter v. Canada that parts of the Criminal Code would need to change to satisfy the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The parts that prohibited medical assistance in dying would no longer be valid. The Supreme Court gave the government until June 6, 2016, to create a new law.
Now, the federal government has passed legislation that allows eligible Canadian adults to request medical assistance in dying.
Who can provide medical assistance in dying and who can help :
Those who can provide medical assistance in dying services are:
-physicians
-nurse practitioners (in provinces where this is allowed)
Those who can help provide medical assistance in dying include:
-pharmacists
-family members or other people that you ask to help
-health care providers who help physicians or nurse practitioners.
These people can assist in the process without being charged under criminal law. However, physicians, nurse practitioners and other people who are directly involved must follow:
The rules set out in the Criminal Code
applicable provincial and territorial health-related laws, rules and policies:
Protecting the right of providers to act according to their beliefs and values
Not all health care providers will be comfortable with medical assistance in dying. The practice may not be consistent with a provider's beliefs and values.
The legislation does not force any person to provide or help to provide medical assistance in dying.

Dougy 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yep that charter may even give us legalized pot too. [ if big pharma and the american d e a don't interfere]

Yet another reason to move to Canada.

I bitch enough about winter in Nebraska, winter in Canada would probably have Canadians wanting to lynch me.

@HippieChick58 Vancouver's climate is about the same as Seattle and Victoria is even milder...

@shockwaverider I lived in the Seattle area so I am familiar and I visited Vancouver. I could live up there if all my kids would move with me. I'd take your PM over our douche bag any day.

@HippieChick58 I live just North of Seattle so I'm stuck with the orange moron too. I grew up in Vancouver and lived in Victoria. I'm seriously considering moving back.

@shockwaverider We moved to Tacoma in 1993, then Bothell, then Snohomish/Everett area in 1995. We moved to Kansas 😟 in 1999. I want go go back for a visit one day. I want to visit the ice caves, and Pike Market. Christmas Eve of 1993 we were at the Children's Museum in Seattle and then ate at Ivars, the next day two of my kids broke out in chicken pox. I've always wondered how many kids we exposed that day.

I used to think about this subject years ago , but not lately . A Closed Group on Facebook brought it up as a topic , in addition to those here on Agnostic . This is the latest video of a computer simulation of a roller coaster . The bell at the biginning of the music is a little creepy , but the rest of it is interesting , yet odd . Why would they paint the tracks in rainbow colors if the passengers are blacked out ?

Dougy Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Loved it! Jean-Michel-Jarre "Oxyene!" Some of my favorite music from the 70's, still listen to that CD! Thanks! The ride was a trip too.

@Ktcyan Thanks for the info on the music . I had no idea it was that old . I used to collect the Fresh Aire Albums from the 70's & 80's too .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22477
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.