Agnostic.com

7 4

QUESTION Christian author who said atheists ‘exacerbate evil’ was cheating on his wife with two women – DeadState

In my experience, most persons who wear religion like a badge of honor do so in order to distract people from their hypocrisy, so people won't see their "dirty" secrets..

snytiger6 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Samuel Johnson was wrong.

He said that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

That's the second-to-last refuge. When even patriotism doesn't work anymore, the scoundrel's last resort is piety.

I plan to use that one. It is very true.

You are absolutely right! I've found the same to be true!

I just love it when these hypocrites are outed.

Me too.

I've noticed over the years that if a religious zealot preaches until he's blue in the face against homosexuality. He's the very one who has a gay lover on the side, or is paying male prostitutes to be with him. I've seen it too many times for it to be a coincidence. I don't understand their thinking, but there's got to be a psychological reason they do it.

Exactly. He doth protest too much. One of my big problems with religion growing up, was seeing the people in church on Sunday being righteous, and then out whoring around during the week.

They say "whoring around" is bad, so they can get the extra titillation of feeling "naughty" when they do it themselves.

Of course he was. Look at how many fall from grace and cry for forgiveness. And then there is many more who don't.

So his infidelity is our fault?

Just demonstrating his hypocrisy.

@FortyTwo Exactly! I knew I was supposed to feel guilty about something.

@FortyTwo LMAO

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22478
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.