Agnostic.com

10 4

From the movie Interstellar:

Wildgreens 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well the great thing about compassion and love is it takes a self aware intelligence. That is a great gift. All from random premutations. Physics and our amazing universe.

Similar to the "father" image message to Jodie Foster in CONTACT. ....18 MINUTES OF "snow" on her camera audio transmitting headset

I remember that one. 🙂

Simply and well put,with extreme depth!

Nice thought, and an awesome movie, but love is a human concept. I doubt existence cares

You're right.

Nice thought, but live is a human concept. I doubt existence gives a fuck

It makes for a great time-travel movie.

I have wondered about this a lot. Is there such a thing as love outside of our existence. For example, is there anything in the Universe that experiences love. Would people from other societies on other planets know what love was? After all, our default emotion is fear and self-preservation. Love seems to be something added later to help us care for our young and ensure there would be a next generation. But love also comes with vulnerability. The ability to love seems to be tied with how vulnerable we're willing to be with the objects of that love.

It's just stuff I think about a lot.

I would say when it comes to love, you would have to be able to be willing to allow yourself to be vulnerable in order to allow someone into your heart. If not, then that would interfere with the ability to bond on to another person.

Awesome movie!

Really enjoyed that movie. I don't think there is anything transcendental about love. I think we are just confounded trying to explain why it exists.

Really enjoyed that movie. I don't think there is anything transcendental about love. I think we are just confounded trying to explain why it exists.

That's a damn good assessment.
I still haven't watched that movie.

I didn't come up with it someone else did.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22670
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.