Agnostic.com

3 0

Men and women who served in the military - what’s the biggest misconception of war?

GuitarDoctor 7 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The idea that these wars are necessary to protect us from the Bad Guys is BS. Most wars are economically motivated. Besides, the US defense budget is absolutely ridiculous compared to what the whole world spends. Additionally, veteran benefit programs (and there are lots of them) are very well funded, trust me-I work in one. Most of my clients are ‘veterans’ in the loosest definition: no combat, didn’t finish their contract, largely not Honorably Discharged. Recent rule change means a ‘veteran’ qualifies for services as long as they completed one day of training-yep even if they were kicked out on day two.

@Yogisan True. But that bad discharge guy can still get thousands of dollars.

The government tries to brainwash military service members into thinking that going to war is a patriotic duty where we are there to fight for freedom. But our freedoms are right here on U.S. soil.

The goverment promotes false patriotism.

What branch of service were you in?

Army veteran here, I agree.

@celticagent Army

US Army Cavalry Scout 1988 - 1999, I am in complete agreement.

People simply do not understand how true Gen. Sherman's statement is ("War is hell." ) -- even for the winners.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:227404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.