Agnostic.com

3 1

When did racism become an acceptable plank in a political platform?This seems to be the rule followed by religious themes that this country was formed on rejecting from the old world?

Marine 8 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a native southerner, I can say with certainty that racism has always been acceptable in the Amer can south. Ir became acceptable in the broader American political system when the American south reacted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and white southerns flocked in droves to the Republican Party. Unfortunately, the Republican Party bought into that poison and sold its soul to southern bigotry in a lust for partisan power. It is just becoming more and more evident.

In this country it has been acceptable in some places since the founding of this country.

Still against what founding fathers wanted therefore placed in Constitution.

@Marine I know, but the fact remains in some areas of the country the people do accept and propagate it. It makes me sick.

@Sticks48 Agree completely maybe with all the northerners moving south change will happen.

@Marine I hope so. I have played places in Wyoming and the Dakotas where racism was pervasive. In the Dakotas it was aimed at Native Americans, and in Wyoming it was aimed at everyone who wasn't white.

@Sticks48 I know of them also.It is ashame people can be so stupid

@Marine The founding fathers were slave owners and they founded this country based on the official law that black people were 2/3rds human, depriving them of all rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It’s embedded in our system.

@Sydland it's more complicated I think. The Declaration of Independence was the ideal, where all men were created equal. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are the compromise to get all the colonies on board. As to how slave owners could justify such inhumanity I don't know but there was no shortage of rationalization of immoral acts then just as now.

@Sydland ut They started an idea about free men and it had to start somewhere. Even George had slaves but got rid of them

These two positions need to be addressed in the next election as being against the Constitution and restricting science, medicine, education plus the need to return regulations on the environment,banking,stock market and even heath care which should be returned to non profit status as it was before Nixon. All of these explained properly could guarantee a domocratic win in the next election but they need to show they affect the common man.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:227426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.