Agnostic.com

16 3

New Bed reccomendations needed.

My old mattress needs replacing. I am interested in suggestions about new beds. Your experience and input welcome.

Snickers77 8 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm looking for a new mattress also. TY for posting the comments gave me some ideas to check out.

After spending four years sleeping on the floor (cement) in Korea, I find American's obsession with finding the perfect mattress rather amusing.

@Snickers77 I have. When I moved from sleeping on the floor to a mattress, the pain was almost unbearable.

@Snickers77 Undoubtably. But that doesn't make American's search for the perfect mattress any less amusing to me.

I bought one recently. I don't know the brand (sorry). But I love it. It's so comfortable. I've had the best sleep since I bought it. Sex is good on it too.

I bought a Nectar and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

-- Full 365 DAY no-risk tryout (if you return it no questions asked, you get a full refund including shipping, taxes, everything).

-- LIFETIME full warranty.

-- It comes with two (expensive) pillows that are awesome as well.

[nectarsleep.com]

If the label says Serta, run away. Quickly. They definitely don't make them like they used to. The single sided unflippable ones are crap.

I love a mattress that is firm. After coming back from holidays I bough one that was the firmest I could get and it is great.

I had memory foam and slept comfortably, but it was HOT and very hard to move around on. I now have a Purple, about a year now, Love it! A bit heavy, otherwise Perfect!

Ha! I was wondering if anyone would mention the purple. Saw ads for them after I got my new mattress this summer. (jc pennys low profile, queen sealy, plush)

I love my memory foam mattress. I’ve herniated my L5-S1 disc twice so a comfortable bed is a priority of mine.

We bought a Serta hotel model. Double sided. I'd say get a double sided if you can find one. "Non fliffable lasts just as long" is the biggest lie ever.

I bought a $1,200 Tempur-Pedic and hated it it was too soft. I went to a mattress company in Oklahoma City that's been in business for 40 years and bought one of their innerspring mattresses for $400 including the box springs and my back loves it.

I bought a queen mattress for $250, after my divorce. It was the best I could afford, and it was/is total crap. However, I've got a three-inch memory foam topper, and a super thick mattress pad on top of it. Makes all the difference in the world.
It's more than ten years old now, and I don't expect I'll be replacing it anytime soon.

I can't recommend any particular mattress brand, but I'll swear by memory foam toppers and really thick mattress pads.

Hope you find something you will be happy with.

@Snickers77 I found that the trick to that is routine rotation. Like tires. 😛

@Snickers77 I understand. Good luck finding the one for you! It's harder than finding a date.

Thanks, @KKGator. This is just the sort of advice I was looking for. Thanks, @Snickers77. You did me a service by posting this.

Rather fond of spring mattress with the a motor driven adjustable head and feet (the variable vibrating motors in different sections are also nice) That is my current system and I have just added a 3" memory foam (No textures) topper. Took a little getting used to but nice. Added a 1.5" memory foam (with textures) topper to a different bed and this was not a good choice.

I just got a Nectar and it is AWESOME!!! I have back issues from the military, and this is the first bed in years that has actually helped. I wake up now and feel good...at least for a few hours! lol

EDIT - researched a Casper, Nectar, and a Tuff and Needle. Price, warranty, shipping, and bed reviews got me on the Nectar.

can't help, sorry

Tempurpedic. I love my bed.

It isn't cheap, but I really like my Select Comfort bed.

Ditto Select Comfort, but damn... theyu're expensive.I have everything now but the SelectComfort mattress.My ex bought one for us years ago when I contracted tendinitis and adhesive capsulitis in my left shoulder. It hurt like hell... that Select Comfort enabled me to sleep. Alas, the mattress molded due to not being stored properly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:227686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.