4 1

How to overcome the Emotional blackmailing of religious relatives ? Especially religious parents

By Baggio
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

4 comments

Don't "come out" to them. Don't ask, don't tell is a lot simpler.

Orbit Level 5 Dec 2, 2018

By filling the empty space usually filled by the love of parents with real love from people who love you too much to resort to manipulation your emotions.

Don't flog dead horses. Don't look for love from people who puts superstitions above your welfare and your relationship.
Sure, they are your parents and on some level they may care about you - but don't let them convince you that that is love and all you deserve.

MLinoge Level 5 Nov 26, 2018

Refuse to submit. My family is lucky to have me. Take me as I am or leave me alone.

PhoebeCat Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

I agree with this statement. My mother and I have had a rocky relationship ever since she was "born again." I now have minimal contact with her because religion is constantly injected into everything she does.

Love doesn't involve blackmail, regardless of beliefs.

By the way, this TED Talk was very helpful for me.

Edited

@PrettyInked Thanks for the video about the f...k budget. I really enjoyed it!

Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!