Agnostic.com

7 0

QUESTION The world is getting better, but...

...is anyone else concerned that we are praising ourselves because the house is getting more organized though the foundations might be cracking?

Progress is a sign that things are getting better, not that things will continue to, right?

Honestape 6 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

thins are getting better. SLOWLY

Progress is very relative and even counter producing depending of your point of view. Think about all North, Central and South American Nations what the progress of the European Invasion meant to them, to the natives. So knowing what I know... I will pass on even hitting the link. I had seen results of progress before.

Wow- I just posted this article.. Not sure if I should take mine down. We're on the same wavelength...

We have a new restaurant on the island called "Ursa Minor". Any relationship?

@JackPedigo I wish.. I don't get out much...

It might also help to think about it like a boat. We are happy because we are sailing and because people on the boat have never seemed happier but the reality is we can't see where we are going, we don't agree about which way we should go, and many on the boat are waiting and hoping for the day the boat sinks and don't believe in many of the fundamental principles of sailing, but everyone gets to decide which direction the boat goes.

I am having serious doubt about this guy. He spoke at the last FFRF convention and despite all the other speakers telling of how bad things are getting (with pictures of hanging blasphemers) he came up with his statistics and said basically "Don't worry be happy". I have lost a lot of respect for him.

While I have not, I can say I disagree with him and many others on this optimistic view of our future. It could end up well; it could not, but either way, precariousness with danger as an option is not something to be optimistic.

+Things are not getting better! Given (1) the spinelessness and duplicity of the Republican party. (2) the flourishing of the culture of falsification spread by Fox and kin, (2) the debasing of both religion and politics by the evangelical Christian right, and (4)the intellectual, moral, and instrumental bankruptcy of the Trump cabal, both our culture and most of our institutions are being imperiled. We MUST put a stop to this horrendous coarsening of our society and institutions!!

You're my kind of person, wordywalt

I don't know who is being praised for their organization skills, but it sure as hell isn't coming from me, and isn't directed toward me.
On a larger scale, I'm still not seeing it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.