Agnostic.com

13 4

Do you think the human females select their mate more than men do?

Dip females pick you? Or do you pick them?
Or do they have you confused?

Sunsetmermaid 5 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We choose each other.

Confused is an understatement ????

Biologically speaking, when it comes to sexual reproduction, the male's job (generally; there are exceptions) is to go out there and try to get his gametes into as many females as possible--and the female's job is to be as selective as possible when accepting male gametes, with the goal of only accepting the fittest.

It is literally quantity versus quality. So.

As an extrovert, I introduced myself to the man who would become my husband. A few years later, I asked Terry to marry me. He said yes. Terry is shy and has a terrible time making decisions.

"That's the man I'm going to marry," my daughter Claire said, pointing to Matt across a crowded bar. Sitting with friends, Claire had not met him. Matt was listening, laughing and talking quietly with a male friend. Matt showed kindness and maturity, unlike loud, raucous young guys in the bar.

Three years later, Claire, 28, and Matt, 33, were married in September 2018.

What a sweet story. If kids grew up reading stories like yours, they will understand.

A beautiful love story!!!❤

Being a shy female, I might have sets my sights on a fellow a time or two, but shyness kept me from pursuing any romantic interest. However, I've been pursued by men I would never have selected on my own, but through their persistence gave in and adapted, trying to make the best of it, with each of those relationships ending badly.

I do wonder if I would have tried harder to make things work, if these guys were my choice. Oh well.

Since I'm shy, and low on options in my area, I'll likely never have an opportunity to choose a mate, but that's okay. I think I'm better off without being in a relationship.

I am the chooser. If they say no at any point it’s okay,

@Sunsetmermaid You're lucky - I just can't summon up the confidence to do so.

I'm the same way.

Humans performing animal mating rituals. A whole lot less complicated than dating

@Kojaksmom

Love it! A delightful video. Thanks for posting it.

Typically man picks the female, and she accepts or declines, but very few females I know have the courage to make 1st move

Really? I call every damn man in my life I don’t think you are the callers. Women call you if they know your number and need to.

@Sunsetmermaid true, I see ur logic there, too

@Sunsetmermaid That's a depressing thought in my case. Do I need to start carrying my number around on cards and giving it out? 😀

My experience has been, it is more like a dance. You start this dance together and when the song is over, you walk off the floor together, or you each go back to your own table.

Nice analogy. Brilliant. Sadly, most humans will tell themselves that they aren’t dancers. Then what?

@Sunsetmermaid You don't have to be a great dancer. You just have to find that person that feels the music the same way you feel it.

The boy chases the girl until she catches him.

As soon as I figure it out, I'll report back on it?

Cannot get better than that promise truly. Go test yourself. Cool really, please get back with me.

@Sunsetmermaid I'll work on it. Wish me luck ?

I've had it go both ways.

You think. I’ve been on both ends and I am the ends. You just don’t know it.

@Sunsetmermaid Maybe in your life.

I think we're similar to birds. The male is generally on the lookout for a potential partner, and hopes that a display of the human equivalent conglomeration of plumage gets them the go ahead signal. They can be persistent in their pursuit, but short of some masterfully executed wooing, the female makes the final decision. Certainly females can send a preliminary indication of interest, and there would be nothing wrong if they choose to pursue, but I think generally it's the man that initiates things.

Wow. They have really fooled you. You met your match with them and never let you know that they knew.

@Sunsetmermaid - not sure I've deconstructed that response successfully. Glad "confused" was one of the options in the OP. I'll take that

In my life,my two serious relationships were initiated by the two females,much to my surprise and delight. As it turns out, this was the best set of circumstances for me.

Thank you being willing prey.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:228478
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.