Agnostic.com

7 1

LINK U.N. wants to be our world government

I am thankful that I will likely be dead before that happens.

PBuck0145 7 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The same could be said of the county commission and the city councils of just about anywhere. The difference is that the UN has a shot. That will likely be so for a long time with all the lesser entities pushing the UN this way and that; a sustem of checks and balances if you will.

Those who get excited about excess government - local, state, national or global - probably need to spend time learning how to play with others

Have you heard about the United Federation of Planets? Dude, you are so going to hate it.

More fear-mongering and hate-generating speech. I have other (maybe not better) things to do than allow myself to get worked up over such rubbish.
Why must people think they have to project their fears on others? Do they really think it will have the effect being sought after?

Depends on the objectivity of the listener.

@OwlInASack What are you talking about? Seriously, I don't understand your post and I'm curious.

@OwlInASack Good luck with your censorship attempt!

The last paragraph tells you everything you need to know about the motivation of the author:

“The sustainability ideal is not wedded to a Christian worldview; instead, individual liberty is submerged in a scientifically determined collectivist mindset with final decisions in the hands of the devilish, all-knowing Big Brothers. The relevance of the individual is downplayed. It is being put forward by a UN that is no longer pro-western, a much larger body than existed in 1945. Will you accept it, or is it time, more than ever before, to begin rethinking our membership in that unsustainable body?” [emphasis mine]

The UN is made up of representatives from each member nation, representatives who are swapped out occasionally and are acting in accordance with the leadership of each nation. The idea that there's some global group acting independently is without evidence. The UN makes broad recommendations but doesn't have any real authority outside what the members give it. The author takes the declarations made by the UN and presents them as some sort of sinister manifesto instead of treating them as what could be more accurately considered a mission statement. (It's still fine to disagree with these declarations or to find fault with the philosophies, of course, but I don't think it's justifiable to overstate the significance therein.) The UN has little power, and what it does have is put to a vote by its member nations, with a few members having veto power. It's unimaginable that the majority of nations would vote to give up sovereignty and that the most influential wouldn't cast their veto if that somehow managed to happen. And, let's suppose even that happened and such a resolution passed without the respective governments and their citizens backing it, where is the force of will? The UN military is made up of the forces of the various nations. Those forces can be recalled. But even if that, too, somehow managed to be handled, what on Earth makes anyone think a single government could function effectively? This is the crux of the problem for any new world order or one world government: governing. It's not practical. Individual countries with differing needs have a terrible time with governance. But this NWO concept is in the Bible, so fundamentalists spin these conspiracy theories out of the thinnest of threads and hope that nobody tugs at them to reveal that they aren't tied together at all. The author is selling fear for the sake of promoting Christianity and an America-first mentality. It's mighty easy to deny rights to non-Americans and non-Christians when there's a secular, international boogeyman to fear.

Rubbish, if you look the UN has not got teeth. Just look at the resolutions in relation to Israel or the US.

If the UN's actions do have teeth it seems to be voluntary and temporary (as in Bosnia).

@MacTavish It would be nice if UN peacekeeping forces had real teeth and could destroy armies that were violating international law, as the Serbians did in the former Yugoslavia. However, nobody is prepared to give them that much power. NATO had to get involved in Yugoslavia because the UN peacekeepers were not sufficient to prevent the mass murders and ethnic cleansing that went on there.

'United' Nations? Hahahaha. Delusion at it's finest.......

Woods for trees .....Everone (outside of the US of fuckin A) knows who wants to rule the world. A McDonalds on ever main street on the planet, superheros (american of course) the mainstay of artistic cinematic endeavor, Trump the 1st item on any news day, a fire in California kills 300 runs for a week but dead Syrians don't count. and if you don't like it. Well watch out because there are drones flying over your head that will MAKE you like it. Failing that the largest military ever will invade and force you to eat at Wendys.
Yeah its the UN that wants to rule the world....sure. We believe you honest.
PS. Please don't report this rant because the USA has the right (note RIGHT) to extradite me from my home. With no need to provide any evidence whatsoever.

You hate the United States of America. I get the message.

@PBuck0145 No I dont. Its just you really think that your the only ones here.

@PBuck0145 The UN taking over but just look at the US record in invasion and interference (in my lifetime). Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Chilli, Nicaragua, El-Salvador, Panama, Grenada, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan have missed any out? If an individual had that kind of a rap sheet for home invasion, would you let them own a firearm?
PS. Somalia and Bosnia

@OwlInASack, @PBuck0145 I DO NOT hate America. Its just that you sit there with introspective view of the world. Occasionally going off to kick ass somewhere. 80% of you don't own a passport and have never gone outside your country. Fair enough but don't cry that someones trying to take over when its YOU that have interfered, bombed and invaded any country that disagrees with you.
Oh check it out. The US does have the right to extradite me with no hearing. How would YOU feel about that if the UK had that right?

@OwlInASack Your question is based on an incorrect premise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:228552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.