Agnostic.com

7 9

Female runner = "feminazi" to a sexist troll

In my post about the dangers for female runners, a man commented:

"Feminazis are worse than religious."

Feminazi: the go-to term for trolls out to silence women. Angrily brayed by Rush Limbaugh, it was designed to be scary.

Laura Bates of Everyday Sexism concurs: "It's a desperate attempt to demonize us."

I blocked and reported him. Sent him a message: "Personal attacks are not allowed, according to the Agnostic.com Community Guidelines."

Since when does being a female runner make me a man-hater? Here's my post that threatened the insecure ego of a sexist man:

Men don't have to worry about this.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Guys like that are old school aholes. Is he an "incel"? Yeah, it's labeling (feminazi) to dehumanize the subject of attack.

So, my post here will be for a mixture of both of the posts that you bring up... This one and the linked one.

First... I can't stand Limbaugh and I always despised the term Feminazi... It is a stupid term just as Limbaugh is stupid. As my mom used to say... What can you expect from a pig but a grunt?

But I would like to comment on your other post here. You said that a man pointed out that you look like a victim because you are thin and would be easy to grab. You said that chilled you to the core. Guess what... Here's something else to chill you.... You WILL be a victim! Here's why...

I have read many of your posts. They are almost always a good read, well thought out and expressed and sometimes very entertaining. You have great expressive abilities. You have pointed out to many that you are well educated. Of that I have no doubt. It is your "street smarts" that I question.

We live in a world where just about everything has risks associated with it. Men, women, children, black, white, brown... It doesn't matter. We all have risks. Some more than others, I'll grant you that. However... You have posted several times about your runs, where you run as well as some of the issues you have faced during runs. You have asked for advice and , from what I have seen, you have rebuffed every single suggestion made to you. Instead it seems you retreat to a corner where you just want to say it is unfair. Yes... It is! That's life I'm afraid!

The fact that you "stubbornly refuse" to carry a cell phone on your runs shows this. There are some that just love to play the victim. Or, maybe they don't like it... Perhaps it just turns out that way for them. You appear to me to be one of these people. You could take common sense precautions yet you do not.

I don't run, I hike. I have miles of woods around me and miles of trails by the river. Whenever I go out I am always armed. We have black bear all around here. They are not known to attack people usually but do in some cases... Especially if one of their cubs are nearby. I rarely run into anyone except a neighbor... But sometimes there are people that want what I have or will trespass to enjoy what I own. Last year there was a family fishing by the river. They had a huge dog that charged me like it was going to attack me. The man seemed uninterested in the fact that I was terrified. I didn't pull my gun as I didn't want to provoke the dog... But I had my hand on it ready to break leather if the dog attacked. I had to threaten to kill the man's dog in from of his little boy if it bit me. I promised him I would do it if the dog made another move toward me or touched me. The dog was all gnarled teeth and 2 inches away from my crotch. He finally called the dog away. We ended up talking for about 15 minutes and I let him know politely that he was trespassing and the access he used to get to the river was, in fact, owned by me.

My point... You never know what you may run into in life. Yet you DO know some of them! You can protect yourself against them now or become a victim later. Please start taking some common sense precautions!

@RiverRick

I am not a victim. Tomorrow I will buy a wrist band with pepper spray to wear when I run. Also, I will put my phone in a fanny pack and try running with it. It will probably bounce around. I'll figure out a comfortable way to have a phone while running. I don't want to carry anything in my hand.

I will never buy a gun. Don't want to support the gun industry. The gun violence in America is horrific.

You nailed it and handled it perfectly. He is a troll, and you blocked him. If I knew his handle, I would as well. I imagine others would join me.

For this N of one guy, I love it when women are fit. Running, biking, hiking, all of it. I think women who do CrossFit are beautiful. Add intelligence to fit, nothing hotter.........

Keep running and hiking.

@Mitch07102

This is the guy who called me a feminazi: @Dirp84.

@LiterateHiker Blocked. I imagine he doesn't get many dates........and no second ones.

That's very unfortunate and I'm glad you blocked and reported him. Just know that some men do understand and are sympathetic. You really shouldn't have to deal with an idiot like that on here.

@marmot84

Thank you. I appreciate your kindness and support.

Feel free to report these people to my Group "Trolls, Scammers & Nigerian Russian Wives:Report Them Here". You do not have to join the Group to post a message or warning about potential scammers or abusers.

@GuyKeith

Will I get in trouble for writing his username in my post to that group?

@LiterateHiker Absolutely not. Or, you could just leave a link to his profile, but you have probably blocked him. Or...you can send me a private message with the name and I will take care of the rest. We'll check it out and recommend his removal if warranted.

@GuyKeith

His username is: @Dirp84.

@LiterateHiker Thanks, I'm following him now. Most likely just a frustrated INCEL.

There are bad people in any group. Glad you reported him. I hated that term, always did even when Rush first made it popular among the Troglodytes many years ago.

Is that bastard still around?

@starwatcher-al

Yes. @Dirp84 is still on Agnostic.com.

@LiterateHiker Blocked, thank you for sharing

@daylily

@Dirp84 is at Level 2. He joined on Nov. 22, 2018. He did not write a bio.

@LiterateHiker I meant Rush

Running is the best meditation!

Agree on that, the mind has the time and space to just relax and be still.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229205
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.