Agnostic.com

15 2

Do you like the "In GO We Trust" slogan on US bank notes?

US bank notes carry the slogan "in God We Trust" since the era of Senator Joseph McCarthy. How do non belivers feel about this in a country where the founding fathers were keen to seperate church from state?

• 0 votes
  • 23 votes
Forkbeard 6 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about, "who gives a shit?" that should be a choice. I got real things to worry about.

Useless meaningless dreamers words.

By removing that meaningless line of text we could save fortunes.

The motto should go or be extended to read In Dog we trust, all others pay cash. Politicians should also stop with the god bless America crap too. It is unseemly and in most cases hypocritical of them.

I can’t stand it. When has god showed he could be trusted? Never!!! It’s like showing a display of sheer ignorance and proud of it.

Even those that produce that worthless piece of paper don't believe even if they say they do

If you see a single Yes vote, that was me just testing to make sure it wasn't broken.

When Ike first changed things to add "in god we trust" it didn't bother me at all. If they added that saying to our paper money, well, so what? But today I no longer believe in this god and I have also identified him. He is green and we pass him around hand to hand every day. Isn't it fitting that "in god we trust" is on our money. Well, it's also on court houses and other places as well.

What irks me the most is seeing 'in god we trust" on the bumper of police cars. WTF is that all about? I'm serious. I simply do not get it. Then you read of a bad tragedy and the police suggest the family needs prayers, it says. For what? People are insane. Maybe the cops should take over the ministry.

@DenoPenno Bumper stickers promoting any religion on police cars is illegal, a violation of the Establishment Clause. Report them to FFRF.org
The new god IS green, maybe we should print "In the almighty dollar we trust"

I only trust Dog, so, no.

No, I have a stamp I use to ink over it. 🙂

I want one!

I'd be more worried if it said Bank of Toyland.

No, and as Dr. Al Bartlett has said: "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function."

No, it is embarrassing. We look like idiots. Should say We’re All Slaves or something. Better than the current.

It's absolutely asinine, but I still want the bank notes.

JimG Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

but it's all false

e pluribus unum

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22945
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.