Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Men as victims.

Trump Says It’s a Very Scary Time for Men, Because Women Can Vote Them Out of Office

JackPedigo 9 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really had an emoji conflict - laugh or angry. First men run around going, I'm stronger, smarter, not subject to monthly craziness, bring home the bacon and think we (women) are the weaker math, science, chemistry and gaming challenged creatures on the planet and
therefore not worthy. Now tell me how the fuck this translates to becoming victims?? Really people?!?!
Just had to get that off my chest, ordinarily Andy's satire cracks me up. The recent SC scam, court ruling in Chicago and continued violence world wide towards women just gets to me sometimes.

Thats mostly a bunch of crock. Men are just being made accountable for their actions. If accountability is an attack them, attack on. Too many boorish males, over too many centuries

That's the point of the 'report'.

There are men who are victims too but not as many as women.

During the Domestic Violence Awareness month one learns there are men who get killed trying to protect others.

Due to the ages old Ideology that men " should never show themselves as being the victims of assaults by women and must handle it as MEN," I think you WILL find that there are as many, if not more, unreported/recorded cases of males being assaulted/attacked by women than you think.

@Triphid Really, is that how you explain that in Australia just this year 71 women have died in domestic violence incidences. .. Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from men.

@Triphid, @JackPedigo True but those men are usually killed by another man.

@Jolanta I had a posting some time ago about a murder here on Lopez that made national headlines [historylink.org] A video was made of this grizzly murder. It does happen.
"On August 8, 1980, Ruth Neslund (1920-1993) shoots her 83-year-old husband, Rolf Neslund (1897-1980), twice in the head after a violent argument over his purloined retirement fund. With the assistance of her older brother, she disposes of the body by chopping it up with a butcher knife and an ax, incinerating the pieces in a burn-barrel and dumping the ashes in a pile of manure in back of their Lopez Island home."

@Jolanta Don't you believe it, there are innumerable MEN out there who have suffered and endured almost every kind of Domestic Abuse from women and I was one of them.
I have scar to show, 3 damaged discs in my Lumbar spine and 2 in my neck courtesy of my abusive ex-wife ( now, happily for me, recently deceased) and every time I went for Police advise I was simply told to be a bloody man and sort it out for yourself, but I also had a young daughter to care for and protect I told them BUT still got fobbed off just as did numerous others who I have met and spoken to.
The statistic you quote from ARE ONLY based upon those reported by women, mostly, because, as I said earlier, men have been brought up to 'put up and shut up' lest they be thought to less than men.

@Triphid I am sorry to hear what happened to you there. You are right that people say "be a man" they really have no clue at all. I am happy that men have started to speak out and that slowly and surely they are being heard. Of course men are victims too, I never said they don't, however it is still women who are three times more likely to suffer.

@Jolanta Reported Statistically only though.

Buwahahahaaaaaaa!

We can only hope.

Soooo typical of an authoritarian white man. (Come to think of it...have there ever been female authoritarian-types? Other than those supporting the bullies?)

@maturin1919 Really? Were they as bad as the pustule? Hitler? Mao? I know there was a lot of torture. (Off to do some research...thanks.)

@maturin1919 Right..a religious thing. But she was asking people to worship god...not herself.

@maturin1919 Are there any you can think of since 15th 16th century? Isabella reigned in partnership with her husband, so we can’t really say she was the instigator of the authoritarianism of the inquisition or if she went along with it because her husband Ferdinand wanted it. History is a litany of men who were authoritarian, however.

There have been plenty of authoritarian women. It seems like less than men because men have controlled politics and leadership through the patriarchal system for a long time. When there have been chances for authoritarian women to lead, they have. You only have to look as far back as modern U.S. politics with people like Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. What about Margaret Thatcher? Empress Wu Zetian. Catherine The Great. Nefertiti. Cleopatra. And many more. You also can't say, "Other than those supporting the bullies?". They are still authoritarian.

Then there is this:

[dnaindia.com]

@Marionville , @Piece2YourPuzzle : Elizabeth Prophet: leader of the Church Universal and Triumphant (Montana-based pseudo-Christian cult). Small potatoes, I know. But qualifies, I think. Only one that I can think of atm, because I read a biography. I'm not the biggest history buff.

@Piece2YourPuzzle I wouldn’t categorise most of these women as authoritarian. Some of them were elected democratically, and then voted out of office....none of them were despots or tyrants who enforced strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom, which is the dictionary definition of authoritarianism. To use Empress Wu as an example is going back 1000 years ...so that’s a stretch to find a female tyrant! Catherine the Great kept in place the system of serfdom which she inherited and wasn’t persuaded to change it, but by any standards she could not considered a despot, just a product of the ruling class of that time. I rarely pay attention to studies...another study by a different team of academics may easily make completely different findings.

@Piece2YourPuzzle, @stinkeye_a I have never heard of her....but one woman amongst scores of men!

@Marionville <throws hands up> :-/

@Piece2YourPuzzle Good, I’ll take that as a surrender! ?

@Marionville Nope lol

That's an I give up.....in a different way lol

@Piece2YourPuzzle Same thing!!

There have been lots of them and still are but I don't think even the worst of them can compare to their male counterparts.

@Marionville We need to remember history is often less than objective. We all know that the winners often write the history of a way. Maybe the writers of women leaders had axes to grind.

Maternal dominated societies have existed and societies where men and women were equal ihave existed but they have been rubbed out and their stories buried or erased. The victor writes the history. When you fear something you seek to destory it's power over you. Even most women don't understand their power - men have told them they are the weaker, second in position or not worthy. We see daily what happens to the ones who awaken. Just my opinion.

@Piece2YourPuzzle Yes but not female dominated societies. There were some very far back, gnostics or the sumerians but those histories have been erased by the victors, men.

I see everyone's points, but the topic was authoritarian women. The conversation have veered and at least one person has moved the goalposts as stated before. When you have Queens and right wing women who have dominated societies by force and/or royalty rule or central power, that's authoritarian.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.