Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK From Brexit to Brino: The 10 capitulations of Theresa May | City A.M.

Brexit could have bolstered Britain's economy and sovereignty. Instead, Theresa May has been fighting Brexit ever since the vote. Her abomination of an exit "deal" with the E.U. will leave Britain worse off than before.
The exit negotiations should have been headed up by someone who supports Brexit.
A "no-deal", no ransom exit from the E.U. is currently the best option.

PBuck0145 7 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No it isn’t...the best thing we could do is have a second referendum once the deal is actually known by us the voters. I wouldn’t trust anything that has been published in any newspaper or opinion piece....we need to see the deal. It is pure fantasy to think that anyone else could have negotiated the deal that the brexiteers told us we would get before the referendum. They told us we could leave but enjoy the same benefits as remaining, but with the additional benefit of taking back control of our borders. We always had the ability to do that, the number of immigrants who came from outside the EU was within our control but we didn’t control them. The ministers she put in charge of Brexit were all avid brexiteers and the fact she had been on the remain side had nothing to do with the fact that it is impossible to get the deal the the leavers want...because it is called “having your cake and eating it”. The Irish border was always going to be a problem, we here in Northern Ireland knew that, but none if the geniuses in the Brexit campaign did, and now it is the major stumbling block to a deal. It is very simplistic for people to say, just walk away, but no deal will be disastrous for the British economy. I will probably drive twenty miles or so across the border and relocate in Ireland if Brexit happens, as I wish to remain in the EU. Scotland will soon after vote for independence if they are pulled out of the EU against their wishes and there will be calls here for a border poll to reunite Ireland, Brexit may yet do what 30 years of IRA bombs couldn’t. Then there will be no UK left...just England & Wales.

Theresa May has been sabotaging the Brexit process, working towards an impasse such as this. If there is a referendum, she and the remainers would like the choices to be between:

1. Accept the proposed withdrawal agreement, or
  2. Remain in the E.U.

Such choices would be unacceptable.

In reality, the choices should be:

2. Leave the E.U. without ransom and embrace WTO regulations.

A compromise which could be tolerated by everyone would be to choose one of 3:

2. Remain in the E.U. or
    3 Leave the E.U. without ransom and embrace WTO regulations.

What should happen is for the withdrawal agreement to be overwhelmingly rejected by parliament.

@PBuck0145 Are you a British citizen? I see you live in Canada, In my opinion, this referendum was the biggest single self imposed blunder by a British Prime Minister ever. Cameron, by trying to appease his Tory back bench hardline EU haters...and only putting a binary yes/no on the ballot paper with no percentage margin needed to take us out. I am not a lover of her party or her as a person, however to say she had sabotaged the negotiations is completely without understanding of her character and determination to do the best thing for the country. She is a woman of integrity and is trying to square a circle, which as we all know cannot be done. The best option is now to put any agreement to parliament and if its passed we go ahead with it. If they reject it we need another referendum. Crashing out is not a viable option, WTA rules are not the problem....the economy would suffer yes, but the border between the EU and the UK would be 25 miles from my home and we would have to have some sort of border checks there which will be contentious, as I have already outlined.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:230536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.