Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Best Robert Altman Movies, Ranked

I don't agree with every bit of this ranking but it's an interesting resource for altman fans, among whom i count myself.

g

genessa 8 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm saving my money to buy a DVD of McCabe & Mrs Miller.

oh what a lovely film, and not only because of leonard cohen's music but that sure doesn't hurt either!

g

Nashville is a worthy number one; my personal favorite is still M.A.S.H.

you know, i felt that way about mash before they cut it. i don't know who, i don't know why, but i never heard that altman complained. i think it was a full third of the film. it sure felt like it. does anyone remember the autographed pictures of jesus segment (and why, and how) of the film? and i have a confession to make: brewster mccloud will always be special to me, and i would kill to see california split again.

g

@genessa I saw it as a teen. Then, the next time I wasn't sure what was missing, aside from the lyrics to the song.

@Beowulfsfriend it came out in 1970 and i saw it then. i am not sure at what point it got edited.

g

Damn, disappointed to see that I've only seen four of his films. And that's counting Popeye which I watched when I was ten.

now you have a project lol

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:232743
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.