Agnostic.com

4 3

QUESTION End of cavities: We may soon be able to regrow our teeth | Genetic Literacy Project

It's a necessary part of life. But it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. I look foward to the day when we no longer have to scrape our mouths with bacteria filled abrasive bits of nylon and shove guitar strings between our teeth, all so we can be told every 6 months that we're doing it wrong by a professional who hands you a bill and a new toothbrush with dental floss.

ScienceBiker 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cool but can they regrow the pulled ones?

I regrow my teeth in a different way, I was born with a few extra sets, most teeth I seem to have had 3, canines I have had 4 sets. Apparently it is not as rare as you would think. So, I have had more taken out than most and still have an almost complete set.

That made me feel really jealous lol

@SherryMartin there are some drawbacks, braces as a kid, lots of extractions in my teens due to too many teeth, however as I hit 60 this year, an almost full set of pearly whites, all my own is an advantage. If only I had spare eyes.

@Rugglesby My youngest son didnt lose his baby teeth so had to have extractions and braces because some of his teeth came in through the palate. But he only had the two sets

I've never had a dentist give me a free toothbrush and dental floss.

If this is true then I need this to happen real soon. I have only had 1 cavity in 39 years of living, but recently I was told my two top wisdom teeth are developing cavities. So in the next month I will be getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Happy times! I will probably be drinking soup for 2-4 weeks. At least I'll lose some weight lol

@ScienceBiker I've had 2 dentists in my life. I recently changed mine because of health insurance reasons. The first one I was seeing since I'm a kid. I saw the new one a few days ago. Nada lol. Maybe it's a NY thing?

If only! Can't wait!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.