Agnostic.com

4 0

Any home wine or beer brewers out there?

What are your top tips and recipes?

diabhal 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Made beer in the past, still brew a nasty ginger beer.

I haven't, but my daughter used to make her own beer, and it was very popular with her 20-something crowd.

The first wine, or any alcoholic drink, I ever tasted was homemade berry wine made by the husband of an old friend. I was only 15 yrs old, and a missionary kid (MK) and he didn't think I'd drink it, but I did. It was so delicious I thought my taste buds would overdose, but had to pretend I didn't notice anything special.

I was disappointed in store-bought wines I bought later as an adult - compared to that berry wine, they tasted like mouth wash.

I used to brew lots of beer. Then I discovered how to make mead, and now I don't brew beer very much these days. I had a particularly good recipe for a wheat beer with ginger. I don't remember what kind of hops I used (probably Cascade) but I chopped up a small ginger root and boiled that in the water before adding the malt and hops. Of all the beers that I brewed, that one was the most popular and sought after among all my friends.

No, but I wouldn’t mind growing some weed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.