Agnostic.com

6 1

Black Female Atheists!?

For me, a Black female atheist, it's a lonely place. I personally have 1 female associate, who calls herself agnostic. I knew another, who was "spiritual" but recently saw, on her Facebook, she's leaning toward belief now.

I met a couple of Black nonbelievers, when I attended secular meetings but they're not my friends.

How many Black female atheists, do you personally know!?

unicorns

IslandGyal 5 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know none, which is why I joined this site

I know a bunch. Maybe a dozen.

@IslandGyal I met one a couple of weeks ago at a friend's house during Naked Thanksgiving. A fun party that happened on the Thursday before Thanksgiving.

Two more I met at an event a friend of mine created called the "Atheist Feast of Most Sanguine Attentions". Wanting to promote more kindness in the world my friend created the first one back in 2012. The event starts and ends with the Catholic observance of lent. He engaged thirty friends giving them each a personalized "duty" or task to accomplish before the end of the "holiday" and challenged each person to do something kind for someone each of the 40 days. Last year there were over 80 participants spreading random acts of kindness. It is a glorious thing that I fully support.

I know two others that I met through a local gaming group. We occasionally get together for connections, dinner out, random things happening around Atlanta. You know, the usual things people do in a Meetup Group.

One woman I shared a hotel room with a few years back at a convention that I go to every year called Frolicon. It's a convention and we frolic. We didn't frolic together, we just shared a room to save money. We did talk and are still friends today. I see her every year at the convention.

The rest i know from the same Frolicon convention. Because it is full of my tribe of naughty deviants I assume that they are Agnostic. If they aren't they are at the very least open minded individuals that do not force their religion on others. I would call all of them my friends and have candid conversations about their beliefs.

To be conservative, let's call 6 confirmed black women athiests and 6 more totally cool and delightfully sinful possible black women athiests.

Outside of you,none. However,it never occurs to me to ask that question of anyone?

@IslandGyal true,not in person?

I don't know any in person but there are a few on this site.

Just you

Zero. I know one black male atheist, he grew up in an extremely religious household in Ethiopia. The best part (for me anyways) is he knows the bible inside and out. It's super entertaining watching him school religious nuts!

As an aside, I live in a town of about 55,000 in southern Minnesota and we're pretty white here so perhaps I'm not the best person to respond. I'm not exactly in the most diverse area. When describing my hometown of 2,000 I usually say we had 2 ethnicities, Catholics and Lutherans. That's not even a joke.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233728
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.