Agnostic.com

7 1

Is humanity doomed

Is this planet as doomed as we think. Has all the mining and bomb testing and digging and removing trees. Done irreparable damage to the stability and core structure of the earth.

darien75 7 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, we've certainly messed it up pretty badly. Whether or not it can get turned around, I don't know. I don't think the planet is doomed, but we can very easily keep altering life as we know it.

Yes it has. We might have chance if more people gave a damn about the planet they are on.

Eh, I don't think so. Humans have survived worse conditions than this.

Don’t believe in “doomed,” but I also don’t think we are smart or determined enough to avoid self-destruction. Too lazy, too comfortable with business as usual. I would love to be pleasantly surprised on this count.

Man has wandered this planet for millions of years, and it used to be far worse, far more savage. Life today is better than any time in our past. Im optimistic about the future.

gater Level 7 Nov 29, 2018

So am I especially since we got rid of that idiot Obama and Trump is in charge.

@Trajan61 Amen to that!

I'm not too optimistic anymore. Something snapped when I realized that I was thinking of leaving the country but couldn't find anywhere to go that wasn't going sideways or down the tubes itself.

I would seriously not be that surprised or shocked to wake up one morning and find that Trump had had Congress machined gunned to death and just took over the joint. The only reason I think that's unlikely is that he's not nearly as bright or ambitious or decisive or persuasive as he makes himself out to be; he's a low-grade hoodlum who blanches at the sight of blood and constantly makes himself more enemies. But what if, say, Manafort had ascended to the throne, and not The Donald? In other words what if Trump was a few notches smarter and truly disciplined and wanting something other than gold-plated apartments and pussies to grab? Maybe that's what we'll see down the road. Something to look forward to.

Beyond that there's the environment and the seeming collapse of what passed for progressivism all over the globe, and some other stuff. So no ... not feeling too good about things right now.

Not at all.
We are doomed. Earth will regenerate after we are gone. New life will spawn and we will be forgotten unless we learn to live in a more sustainable way.

Dietl Level 7 Nov 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.