Agnostic.com

13 0

WHAT DO YOU REVISIT?
What books, movies, tv shows, music do you revisit on a semi-regular basis? Usually watch 'The Wire' about once a year. The scene when Bunk and McNulty solve a cold case murder and do it by only using derivations of 'fuck' to communicate is fucking brilliant 😉 . Also read 'The Dispossessed' by Ursula K. LeGuin every couple of years or so.

kmdskit3 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here are a few book series. Xanth, Incarnations of Immortality, Kirilian Quest by Piers Anthony. Methuselas Children, by Robert Heinlein. Maker Alvin, Ender's game, The women of Genesis, by Orson Scott Card. The Shanara books, Magic Kingdom For Sale Sold, by Terry Brooks, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, Myth Inc and tales From The Vulgar Unicorn by Robert Asprin. I'm going to stop now because I could be here all day listing books.

I reread Carl Sagan's books often. I also reread every one of Diana Gabaldon's books when a new one comes out (which is now only every 3 or 4 years or so). I have a fairly long list of favorite music that I listen to -- I think I'm going to use that list in the #Passions group.

I have watched all of Vera three times now, also Jack Jack Taylor ( because I lust after Iain Glen) and every Dr. Who episode they care to broadcast.
I have listened to Terry Pratchett novels multiple time and Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere as audio book and the BBC TV series. And let's not forget Keith Richard's biography Life.

Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones?

@kmdskit3 Yes. It won best autobiography award three years ago.

Well I HAVE to read that!

@kmdskit3 It is also on CD but then you don't get the pictures.

I revisist "Kung Fu Hustle" like two or three times a year, and "Fight Club" at least once a year. Good lessons in both of those. I read a lot, too much to really re-read anything. I'll go back and skim over notes because I always read with a highlighter and pen handy so I take notes as I read. Some favorite books include "Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku, and anything by Michel Foucault, and Nietzsche.

Was with you all the way until Nietzsche...

I have watched How I Met Your Mother streaming on my Roku, and now am in the process of Friends. I'd like to find The Big Bang Theory after I'm done with Friends. Once I'm done with watching them streaming I will likely never go back.

Star Wars thou I hardly ever watch the pre-qual trilogy and I try to watch the previous season of Game Of Thrones before the new season premieres.

Breaking Bad usually about once a year.

So well made but like 'The Sopranos' the central theme and central character just too unsavory.

Definitely not for everyone @kmdskit3

Rights of Man by Thomas Paine. He was too good for his time.

Marz Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

The Godfather.

I'm rereading the Hugo Winners vol. II ed. by Isaac Asimov. I reread it every few years or so. I have a bunch of books that I reread. The Bhagavad Gita. The Dhammapada. Thich Nhat Hahn books. Every few years I need to watch the complete Aeon Flux animated series from MTVs liquid television of yore. And Firefly. And Star Wars--only the real ones.

Forgot to mention 'Firefly' ! One of my favorite TV shows ever!

The Spirit of St. Louis, movie about Lindbergh's solo NY to Paris flight. Woodstock album. I read Nonstop by Brian Aldiss about 5 times. I can still sit and watch the original Honeymooners, classic comedy.

Will have to check out 'Nonstop' .

I remember that scene in The Wire. I come late to a lot of shows. I am watching Six Feet Under now and really like it. I only saw an episode or two when it was on

Liked 'Six Feet Under' until about the last season or two. Got to the point where I was tired of most character's fucked-upidness. By the end I was only rooting for David and Keith. Last night on 'The Wire' Steve Earle's character Waylon was introduced in an N. A. meeting. Really like that character, even though it wasn't much of a stretch for that recovering addict, and his real life music.

Bladeruner and Star Wars.

Me too on both except for the 3 Lucas did by himself i.e. 'Phantom Menace' . Just saw 'Bladerunner 2049' Sunday. Kinda liked it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.