Agnostic.com

9 3

Following Members

Does anyone know if there is a way to unfollow a member without entering their profile?

twshield 8 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think you can go into settings, flip a switch so that peple don't see you enter their profiles.

We only get notified when you Follow, never when you unfollow!

Not that I know of. Just make a quick visit and unfollow. No big deal.

Why?

@twshield do you mean an option to do so without alerting them at all? I'd think even if they added the option you describe they'd still get a notification about the follow. I don't think unfollowing anyone ever notifies people either way unless they're keeping a close watch on their follow list and remember who theyre missing; it's a long shot. I believe there is an option in your profile settings to not send anyone a notification that you visited their profile at all, although I presume it'll notify them if you follow them under all circumstances.

@twshield now that I see why you want to do it you should just let that inhibition go. Assume that all our profiles are public and everyone has or is perfectly welcomed to dig into anyone's profile, that's why it's there. Youll never be able to limit yourself to going to profiles of people who have seen yours because you don't know half the people who have seen yours, so many of us probably turned that notification off already. Pretty sure I have but don't care enough to check. Anyways don't be a stranger, or do, or don't without notifying anyone, either way πŸ˜‰

No, you have to go to their profile and click "unfollow."

What does it matter if you look at their profile?

block, unfollow, unblock?

i don't think so, but it's not like it sends them a message that you are "un-following" them

😏 just do it and deal with it. Honesty is always the best policy. Well that and now all of your followings are going to be looking to see if they’re the one getting the bullet.

I'm actually not sure. That's a good question. Sorry I can't help.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:235206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.