Agnostic.com

5 0

Companionship and Intimacy for Rent

Monetized! Money gives a certain degree of sense of control. As the days go by, more and more stuff are given monetary value or price tag. It seemed as though human connections and interactions now have them too. Would you avail one? And how do you view the people who do? What are the relationship of the pursuit of money and happiness?

[facebook.com]
malayang-isipan 5 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you can't get a date the old fashioned way in a world that favours couples, renting one sounds like a good idea. If it's their job you stand much less chance of being rejected.

This is indeed a sad situation. I do disagree with the idea that this is slavery. This is a breakdown in some of the traditional social constructs.

It’s simply an attempt to fill social needs within a very complicated technologically driven society. Most of the world can fill these needs using using conventional methods like dating, visiting family. We don’t have any mega cities in America, Canada or Europe.

Very well said. Social mores have always been fluid in most societies not run by or heavily influenced by religious leaders.

I watched the sugar daddy video. An issue I see is that the men paying are thinking that it is a real relationship that might evolve into something. The women being paid seem to think of it as a temporary financial situation. I think that while being in the paid relationship might satisfy some needs temporarily, it is preventing the men from possibly finding a relationship that could be more satisfying and with someone who won't leave if the money is no longer coming.

Money is a social construct. Need for human company isn't. How sad

Professional companionship is only seen as odd or even illegal in countries heavily dominated by Judeo-christian or Islamic religions. Those two pillars of oppression and despotism.

Having ones need for companionship, physical intimacy and sex met is a basic human right. If someone does not have a life partner to meet those needs, then they should never feel out of place about paying a professional companion for these things. So long as the person they are seeking is over the age of 18 and doing what they are doing of their own volition.

@JesseThompson

Slaves don't get paid for their services. Nor do they choose their vocation. If you wish to discuss human trafficking, then start another thread. I'll be happy to back you up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:235465
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.