Agnostic.com

6 2

Auto Correct

Have you ever written something you thought was perfect only to find it was gibberish?

I recently got a new phone and after seeing some of the responses I have made on this page, either I was drunk or my auto correct has a mind of it's own.

I have had some good laughs though.

• 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
Akfishlady 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My new phone has a more aggressive Auto Correct and it is pissing me off. I'm not the most tech competent, so I haven't tinkered with it yet. Sometimes my kids text back ?? so I have to recheck what I just sent. DYAC!!

My phone, for some reason, always wants to change any word with between three and six letters including s, t, h and i to "shit."

This has led to a few embarrassing occasions when I've texted my colleagues to say "I had a great shift tonight, thanks guys!"

Jnei Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

I happily refer to it as autocorrupt. I have even gone so far as to train mine to change the common misnomer of autocorrect to the more accurate autocorrupt. 🙂

=)) That's hysterical, @Meep70! It deserves to be a trend so I'm passing it on!

@Lauren Do it! Make it viral! <3

@Meep70 Done! And waiting for the world to catch up to us! 🙂

My daughter's name is Sarah and autocorrect insists on changing her name to Satan, so I'm always writing things like, "Satan will be home so she can sign for it."

It seems as soon as I stop double-checking her name every time, it starts up again.

Just an after-note: I do typically find it quite helpful when writing emails and other docs.

I have a Sarah as well and I have caught it several times being changed to Satan, Santa also got changed to Satan.

@HippieChick58 Haha - I guess it's even funnier for Santa!

Odd that it does this regularly with Sarah, though. Perhaps a programmer stiffed by a Sarah messed about with his coding? 🙂

It can be a total pain , but I like it as an option , when I don't know the exact spelling .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

i hate it especially when you have to fight with it

Indeed, @btroje! It seems like every time I update the app, I have to battle to get swear words entered again. I think it's programmed not to remember certain words even when corrected multiple times.

@Lauren My Samsung J3 makes suggestions ,& if I don't pay attention when I type words all the way out , it corrects it automatically . But get this , if I try to find out how a word is spelled , & it's a long one , at times , it just goes with the flow , & just lets you enter it , incorrectly . It does , then it doesn't . . . 😟

@Douglas creates trust issues

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23565
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.