Agnostic.com

7 3

How, will we ever create peace in our own country, when our government officials keep promoting...division among people, by implying some American people have more standing, than others? Jeff Sessions, made a speach that the Nat'l Sheriff's Assoc., winter meeting, saying, " the office of Sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."

I don't feel part of these people...the Anglo-American! I am starting to get really angry about this racism? Because, now it is people that our officials tell us that have 'heritage' here! Pretty soon, nobody will belong to this country! I have no idea how many mixed race people there are in the Americs at this moment, but they sure aren't all Anglo! I myself have...(in the not to distant past)...have Native American Cherokee DNA! When did we start worshipping pure breeds, in this country? There ARE NO PURE BREEDS!

Freedompath 9 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My focus would be citizenry first. I am definitely not a pure anything.

People need to reject greed and enable needs. ....there are millions of good jobs working over 43 hours per week .....10 workers doing the same job could each "donate" 4 hours a week and hire one more person to fill those hours. ....people could vote Green and build millions of hydrogen cars in 49 states to exceed California's hydrogen car monopoly. ....this would end the racist wars for oil. ....jail criminals like ExxonMobil Secretary of State perpetuating the polluter oil war crime profiteering banksters ... triumph over McCarthyism by requiring union living wage contracts in all 50 states. ...power to the people and jail Wall Street

I like it...

Those who would promote dynasties of wealth play right into this class of racism and separation of the masses into the wealthy and the poor. They forget that they were where the others reside at some time but wish to bury these facts.They are also prone not to give credit to those who aided in lifting them from one station to another as the working classes have done. I regret what our country has done to our native peoples and if anyone needs some aide today it is these fine individuals. Like it or not we are a melting pot of humanity and because of it we have become an island of greater good. Let us not allow the ignorant to destroy what has been a blessing.

...wouldn't you think! But, no! we have a administration that says and does things, that never comes across my mind! I didn't come from class...but I have witnessed class and I have tried to behave with dignity, myself! Sessions is just from long ago and far away...FAR away! If he only knew how ignorant he appears...I guess the history books will take care of that!

America knows how to assimilate immigrants. We do it over and over. Messy, yes, but we do it. We even cross the color lines with relative ease. What looks to me like the differentiator is the slave family history. We don't seem to know how to honor that heritage so we stuff it away.

...and just pretend it was good for them!! That from a whole lot of those Jesus thumpers!

@Freedompath That is the part I don't like. Slavery is what it is. If that is a family's background then it is that family's background. That family has every right to know and understand what was done to them.

@Dick_Martin I had a funny thought today, what if Sessions has African DNA, and not the kind we all have as man traveled out of Africa?

@Freedompath It has nothing to do with "out of Africa" It's all about the stolen heritage of slaves.

@Dick_Martin I was speaking of the 'evolution' of man out of Africa...separate from the 'heritage of slaves,' which Sessions could have some DNA,of and most likely he could have some Native American DNA. He is simply to much against everyone...who isn't his culture! Maybe, you heard that documentary on NPR about some town in Ala, with a Poultry processing plant and he destroyed that town almost single handed, (he did inlist the help from other politicians).

@Freedompath We're not disagreeing; we're agreeing from different directions.

@Dick_Martin I wanted ti be sure you understood what I meant...

The last question should be When are we going stop with the Heritage proclamations..this country has Always been Racist and Bigoted, from the get go..sadly.

I know, and if certain people discriminate against one sect...they will just keep adding to the list, until it covers every person they don't agree with! As these kinds of people mean to hurt other people...anyway they can. In their eyes there are humans and there are the others...and they mostly come from the religious right! Such inhumane ignorance!

To be fair though Sessions is a racist undeserving of my fairness, Anglo-American COMMON LAW is 11 centuries in the making that the little bigot Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the 4th is referring to THAT IS INSEPARABLE FROM BRITISH Spanish Dutch Portuguese German Danish USA kidnapping rape and murder of Africans called "chattel slavery" = property law

The little man must have a Napoleon, complex? He simply exhibitis, NOTHING resembling any Americans that I know...if I met one, I must have ignored him/her!

Religion, race, political affiliation, age. Divide and concur. How do you think the 1% keep themselves in power? If we drop the WMDivision, it's game over for them. Also, it helps to realize this country does not have a government. It is not a republic OR a democracy. It's been a corporation since 1870. The only vote you have is what you spend your money on. That's why all government agencies and contractors ALWAYS have a larger budget each year. If a division of a corporation fails to make money and continue to grow, it gets cut. Where was this information in your history books? Every country prints its own history and paints itself the hero. There won' be any peace at all until people question what they're not supposed to and do something about it. Why does the land of the free, 5% of the worlds' population, have 25% of it's prisoners? The belief that 19 muslims committed 9/11 is outright horse shit. Other counties have tried the 9/11 case and found the US government complicit. The elite and their corporations OWN our gov't, make no mistake about that. Want peace? 1776! That's why all the national news deals with the important issues like transgender bathrooms, Kaitlin Jenner, and meaningless celebrity bullshit. The news won't mention they've been trying to disarm us for years....! "If the American people find out what we have done, they'd chase us down and lynch us."-George HW Bush.

Yes, I have to agree...but this MONSTER is hard to bring down! I was sure back in jan, '17, that the 'orange guy' would be outta that Office in no time!
There are people serving a life sentence, that has done less illegal activity than trump! I pride myself on knowing my anger and emotions and can feel and express my anger, without ever feeling out of control. But, I find myself having mean thoughts bordering on hate, when most of the members of this administration shows up on the 'big screen!' They have proven once and for all, 'birds of a feather really do flock together!'

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23616
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.