Agnostic.com

11 4

Inflammation -- how do you handle it?

What foods do you eat or avoid that help?
If you take vitamins or supplements, which ones?

I've been cutting down on gluten -- I'm noticing a difference, but it hasn't been long enough yet.

bleurowz 8 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At age 24, I stopped eating all preserved meats after my father died of cancer at age 51.

Forty years ago, I stopped eating beef because it causes inflammation and is unhealthy.

For an injury, I use rest, ice, compression and elevation. Also, taking ibuprofen for a few days reduces swelling and pain.

umm... aspirin

Aspirin and ginger

I did keto and it seemed to stop all sorts of things in my body from arthritis to acid reflux. Sugar and carbs seem to be the culprit for inflammation. I take magnesium only to stop muscle cramps from low sodium as well. I went off a bit over turkey week and felt terrible...not worth it.

Like others have said cutting out the carbs/gluten/soda/sugars and anything that converts to sugars in your system like alcohol will help. Make sure youre not replacing sugary drinks with diet containing aspartame, that shit's worse for you than real sugars. Not sure about its effects on inflammation but its linked to weight gain and alzheimers, similar neurological problems.

I also use CBD, and the rest of the cannibanoid family. Kratom is another legal natural supplement I've begun using for pain, seems to work well so far.

I use CBD, I buy wholesale in bulk so the price is reasonable for me, Shop around the prices can fluctuate wildly and strength is paramount.

Turmeric and Garlic. be VERY careful with the Turmeric because it can interact badly with some psychiatric medications

I've heard some people have really good results on Keto (digestion, inflamation, aches/pains, energy, etc.). I am not Keto, but am low carb (try to keep it around 30% or less carbs, 40% fats, 30% protein).

Turmeric and black pepper.....sprinkle it on your food.

[nutritionfacts.org]

Organic foods help as well. Since Glyphosate is found in lots of food and humans, it's better to buy organic. You'll notice the difference without poison in your system. Also, I use CBD products as a topical.

Avoid sugar it's number one for causing Autoimmune disorders and Inflammation. Starchy carbs and sodas are also evil.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236210
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.