Agnostic.com

7 0

Neil "grab da ass" Tyson..

Am I the only one disgusted with the hypocrisy surrounding the latest with NDT? I mean, I know like 90% of the people on here idolize him like a damn demigod, but still. If he was affiliated with Trump in anyway, everyone would be crying to string him up. But since he has everyone fooled with his Mr. Rogers act, there is no outcry. In fact, his followers are saying pretty much the exact same shit the Trumpettes say when someone on his team is accused. "This is a witch hunt." "The media is to blame." "If there is no evidence, there was no crime." "They're just trying to take down scientists." Everyone seems to feel sorry for NDT rather than acting how they were just a couple months ago when a Republican was accused.

I know this won't win me any favors and I am cool with that, but fuck NDT. He is a fake ass person. I could see it the first time I heard this sociopath spoke. He is a creep with a charming personality that tricks the majority of the masses.

Now I will say that one of the two newest accusations is dumb. Seems like she got creeped out by his flirting, but never touched her. That shouldn't really count against him. The first claim from a women he supposedly drugged and raped needs to be investigated. Granted it was so long ago, no evidence will be found. He issued a statement saying he welcomes any investigation and that claims need evidence, but I guarantee that fucker knows that no evidence will be found. Pretty much everyone who is guilty of a crime "welcomes" an investigation in hopes nothing will be found.

Anyway, just needed to rant cause I see it on here and elsewhere. The double standard when one of your idols is being accused, sound just like the Trumptards when one of theirs is in the spotlight for the exact same thing.

FatherOfNyx 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get angry about something real and important.

More bullshit.. The rapee says she can't remember what happened, but it had to be him. WTF. They dated. Prolly consensually fucked. And now she wants her 15 minutes of fame.

They have attacked Morgan Freeman, Sam harris,...For total shit.

More regressive left crap.

That you don't understand NDT is not evidence of anything other than your opinion.

This is just another attack upon liberals who promote science and reason and atheism.

Read his explanation before you completely melt down.

Hold on, let me find my tinfoil hat first..

The fact that he apologized right away speaks volumes. The guilty feel entitled and do not.

The guilty apologize when they're found out. Do we not remember the weeping by Kavanaugh? People who do bad things to other people are never sorry until they're discovered. The fact that he apologized is even worse in my book.

Kavanaugh was weeping because of how he had been mistreated. deGrasse Tyson talked about being sorry for the victim.

When there is an equal amount of compelling evidence "against" as there is "for" an argument, perhaps it's wise to allow a little time to pass before making a judgment. Isn't this why we call ourselves skeptics? Just sayin'...

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 3, 2018

That would be nice, but one thing I've seen on here and elsewhere is that same mindset is not implemented when it comes to Trump and his degenerates. The moment there is a minute inkling of suspicion against the Trump "administration", everyone is all over it. But, when it is suspicion against someone they idolize, they want to wait for proper evidence. It's hypocrisy and if you never jumped on the Trump-hate-bandwagon before sufficient evidence surfaced, you're not a hypocrite. If you have, you asking to wait for judgement is hypocritical.

@FatherOfNyx Al Franken anyone?

@FatherOfNyx, perhaps that is because Trump and his ilk are a Known Quantity, by their own design. NdGT was not somebody who registered as a sexual being on my radar. Not that I didn't think he was easy to look at, but it didn't touch why I found him interesting. Because of that, I think I'll refrain from forming an opinion due to the new-ness of this situation. I don't allow my politics to define my opinions on misogyny and sexual assault, and I consider it bad form to paint everyone with a broad brush.

@Deb57 While it's true that Trump and most of his team are piles of dog shit, that doesn't mean they're guilty of everything people accuse them of. And NDT always struck me as a creep, someone capable of doing someone wrong on the sneak and not feeling bad about it. Like I said in a comment below, I am a (semi) functional sociopath and I am totally ok with that. One thing we are good at is spotting our own and the moment I first saw him, I saw it in him.

No evidence for. Just feelings without relation to context.

you're not the only one but you're wrong. he is calling for an investigation; innocent people don't do that. there has to be a balance. we can no longer ignore what women say, or deny that rape is a real thing, or even deny that sexual harassment is a real thing, but there ARE women who get paid to lie (leanne tweeden springs to mind) and evidence IS a thing (contemporaneous notes and confidences count as evidence, by the way). most women, most PEOPLE, are truthful, i think, especially about the big stuff. however, i have read what neil has said and no, he's not an ass-grabber and he's not a sexual predator. calling him names before hearing his side of the story shows a little bias, doesn't it? i mean, it's okay if you don't like him, but does that make him guilty and does that make it okay to say he is when you don't actually KNOW? [facebook.com]

g

and by the way, i like him, but he isn't my "idol"-- no one is.

g

I have read his side and the fact that he is endorsing an investigation doesn't change anything. Guilty people do that too, cause like I said, they want to act innocent while hoping no one comes up with proof.

"I'd never ask you to trust me. It's the cry of a guilty soul."

More times than not, when someone is acting like they're trustworthy and endorsing an investigation into themselves, they're putting up a front because they think they're slick enough to leave no trace.

@FatherOfNyx really? more times than not? you have data on that? i think you're assuming a motivation based on facts not in evidence, and i thought if there is one thing we atheists have in common it is that we do not DO that. but you don't like him, so he must be guilty, and asking for an investigation proves it... um... no. sorry. it doesn't prove he's innocent either but it points to it, and you cannot just assign a motivation to his request and expect to be believed. you don't know any more than i do, unless he groped you.

g

@genessa You must not have uncovered many liars in your day. Yes, more often than not, when someone is calling for you to trust them, they're not worthy of trust. A trustworthy person wouldn't ask you to trust them, they'd show it in their actions. If you ever meet someone who says they never lie, especially when they're the ones who brought it up, they're more than likely pathological liars.

But you see, you and everyone else is proving my point. The hypocrisy of this topic. When it came to Trump and Kavanaugh and all those other losers, people on here were up in arms before any evidence or trial. Now if that kind of thing never happened and everyone acted the same with Trump/Kavanaugh as they are acting with NDT, I'd have no reason to be annoyed and therefore no reason to have made this post.

Yes, I dislike NDT very much.. but that isn't what this is about. It's about the hypocrisy. If it was just about NDT, I'd rant on about how he is a nobody just riding the coattails of Sagan or how he believes in the multiverse which is basically a delusional religious belief. I could go on and on, but this is about how people are hypocritical in situations like this.

@FatherOfNyx you make an AWFUL lot of assumptions, now about me, and boy oh boy are YOU ever wrong. but i know a small sample when i see one, too.

yes, it IS about your dislike for him. you have no idea whether he is (or i am) being hypocritical. pardon me, but you're talking out of your ass. when you start telling me what i have encountered, or what i am proving, then you are talking out of your ass.

g

@genessa Speaking of assumptions.. You said that I said he must be guilty since I don't like him. Might want to go back and reread, cause not once did I say he was guilty. I even threw a "supposedly" in there in regards to his accuser. What you did is the exact same thing a theist does when you say you don't believe in God. They assume that that means you believe God isn't real. Since you don't believe in their idol, you must be completely against their idol. Might want to rethink the whole "I don't idolize people" bit.

Judging by the nerve that's been hit, I am satisfied in knowing that you've been enlightened of your hypocrisy ?

So to recap, never said he was guilty. Yes, I dislike NDT, but what is annoying is how people like you will defend their idols for the exact same thing they hate on their demons for.

@FatherOfNyx i have no idols, i am defending the concept of innocent until at least evidence surfaces of some hint of guilt, your assumptions about my assumptions are still emanating from your ass, and the only nerve you've hit in me is the one that loathes gaslighting. people like me, huh? you know NOTHING about me, and you will learn nothing of me henceforth either, because i have no use for people like you. bye.

g

Innocent people do invite investigation. . . . NDT is just the newest target of the regressive lefters. He promotes science.

"He is a fake ass person. I could see it the first time I heard this sociopath spoke. He is a creep with a charming personality that tricks the majority of the masses."
Could you please explain the basis for above? Any references?

Personal experience. Sociopaths/psychopaths can usually, not always, spot one of their own.

Ok feel better? And yes he is a little overrated but with the mindset that flows through this site all you have to do is agree with trump and some people on here would wheel out the guillotines.

Which is why I just want to stay on this site for 2 1/2 more years to see who’s going to be the next social enemy after trump’s gone or will his name continue to flow out of their mouths like a diarrhea river.

Yes, much better. He is definitely overrated and it just annoys the piss out of me how much people are on the D of NDT. I'm no fan of Trump, not much of a hater either, but the way people are against him and his team and will jump at any chance anytime anything negative pops up. But when they're blinded by a sociopath's charm and basically feel bad that he is being accused, I find way more annoying than Trump and his team of asshats.

Overrated compared to whom?

@Jacar In general he’s not the first scientist to say the things he’s said it’s the usual Caucasian response to any minority that speaks proper to make that person the spokesperson for their race and/or their field of work.

@Alshaytan . . . not sure which side of the "divide" you think NDT stands.
Not being the first does not decrease our need to be reminded, regularly, repeatedly.

This is why so many authors/commentators have come to tell us the same stuff. Obviously the darkness does not stay away.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.