Agnostic.com

11 2

Stupid question time. You've a man who has been married for almost 35 years. What does your wife want for Valentine's day?

phil21 7 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

UPDATING: First, did not need a gift for a dude. That was my poor attention to detail.

Second, I couldn't think of a "good" gift, so I just got an adequate one. Sparkly wrist watch featuring the logo of our favorite NFL team. And the face was large enough for her to read without glasses.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. It is my fault for starting so late in the game.

Just be as romantic as possible. If you cook, cook her a dinner, or take her out to dinner. Spend some alone time with her and make her your main focus. You also can't go wrong with chocolate and/or flowers.

Not knowing anything about your relationship I have 2 suggestions... time alone with you doing something you both enjoy doing or time away from you doing something she avoids because she knows you don't like it.

When my brother lived at home, I used to give my mother a kid free day for Mother's Day.

Good grief, I'm an idiot.

YOU ARE a MAN who has been married 35 years. Rather, I AM A man who has been married 35 years. To a WOMAN.

HAHAHAhahahhahahahaha

A new man? LOL

Anything that shows you put thought into it. A book, a poem, a letter, a good old fashioned mix tape. (source = am wife of 25 years, married to lovely but unromantic husband)

Flowers being delivered to work. Ok my wife was in a nursing home, same concept. She absolutely loved a big batch of roses delivered so all the other ladies would make a big fuss. The point wasn't the flowers, the point was make a big show so she can show off to all her friends.

That depends entirely on your spouse. What does she enjoy? What luxuries will she NOT treat herself to? Does she have any hobbies? What's her love language?

Chocolate

you might consider letting the man go and spending some time with your wife.

What man?

I think it's one of those things where the grammar didn't work out. it made it sound like you had a man and a wife

@hankster It is one of those things where I am a dolt!

join the crowd man. in my experience everybody's just about as smart or as stupid as everybody else at some time or another. I guess there is the question of consistency... LOL.

The answer is nothing. "You've" is short for you have... which implies you're a married woman with a husband.

Actually he's the married man. Maybe he's just looking for ideas.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23680
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.