Agnostic.com

8 9

First Ever Female Ballon d’Or Ceremony Marred by Male DJ Asking Winner to Twerk Onstage in Celebration

Asking award winner Ada Hegerberg to twerk onstage was belittling and blatant sexism.

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothing

Assholishness is truly global. Supports my theory about assholes. ?

Not to excuse this man in any way, but what he actually said was "Do you know how to twerk?". He didn't ask her to twerk, although it has been reported in that way. Facts are still important.

According to the DJ's own account, he was asked to prepare a song for each winner and would dance with each recipient after their award was presented. Immediately after the award was presented to Ms. Hegerberg, but before his dance with her, he asked her "Do you know twerking?"

In context, his comment could be seen by a reasonable person as a request to twerk for her dance.

They then danced to Sinatra's 'Fly Me To The Moon.' I assume without any twerking.

Facts certainly are still important.

[instagram.com]

He tried to blame it on a misinterpretation of English. Right! His English is just fine.

I'm glad she said no.

@RhondaShotwell A twerking comment is not a "translation" or "misinterpretation" problem

I saw this yesterday. Amazing, and not in a good way. Hopefully he won't be hosting any more events.

What an absolute pig!

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 4, 2018

My apologies to all Sus Domestica for that insulting comparison.

Female accomplishments are many times treated as secondary to those of males...and this type of crass behavior is proof...what a jerk...woman need to prepare themselves for scathing responses to such behavior, but I am sure she was in shock and embarrassed by it.

Jerks are everywhere

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.