Agnostic.com

8 0

Which author should you surely have read by now, but haven't yet?

David Foster Wallace for me.

CallMeDave 8 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have read a lot and the more I read, the more I discover that I want to read !!! It can get overwhelming at times. Life is too damn short !!!

Oh I do hope you will find your way to reading him very soon. I adore his books. I think you would like them.

Cervantes, particularly considering the many cultural references to and various works that followed that were influenced by Don Quixote.

Hemingway is too boring.
Mark Twain, just too cheesy. (except his sarcastic quotes, those are gold)
I actually really enjoyed Tolstoy. Never did crack War and Peace though. Mostly because I suspect I would dislike it due to subject matter.

Paradise Lost by John Milton...just can't finish it...

I have the 5 volumes of A history of the English speaking peoples by Churchill which just sits there. making me feel guilty

Nightmarish

The bible. Pick the author.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

aleksandr solzhenitsyn "a day in the life of ivan denisovich" is well worth it. Favourite quote "How can a man whos warm understand a man whos cold?"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.