Agnostic.com

7 0

I think, actually you know that I am a political activist for the last 20 years, my heart is not at peace with itself and bleeding every time I see what's happening in Africa. It's true I came to US as a political asylum seeker, but I cannot stop thinking about Africa, the funny part is.. I feel that we have exhausted all democratic channels that usher in rule of law and better governance. And that, time has come for a just war. Many of my friends do oppose war. And I truly know war is ugly, but if you were in our shoes,what would you do?

Humanlove 7 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fight for whats right yah? I don't know everything that is going on over there- but trying all you can to get it on the big stage- like are their Christian groups getting prosecuted over there- that might grab the wests attention

Change is constant, but making change, making things change takes a lot of time usually.
I get that you are frustrated. You think something must be done, this is something therefore you must do it. Has there ever been a just war? If a war started, orphaned and injured children, just collateral damage? I had friends go to Vietnam, we never should have been there. You don't mention where in Africa, it is a big diverse continent. Are there democratic channels? Where I live we have democracy, but the majority of people are not very bright so we get the government we deserve I guess. Look at North Korea, surely change is needed there, but too few people internally oppose the regime. Change should always come from within, it shouldn't be imposed from the outside.
What would I do? I would be lobbying through non government organisations to the united nations and I would be focusing on education in the country you are referring to.

If there's anything we should not even mentioned, it's the UN and NGOs. They are completely useless.

not fight . talk and educate . war helps arms manufacturers only and maybe the ruling elite. look at france russia and china. did civil war help them ? NO

I know that education is helpful with helping people to understand and accept differences in others. I also know people are stubborn and sometimes reject facts based on what they think is true.

In this war, who are you fighting? Why? What is preferred outcome? How do you think you'll be viewed as part of the cause of people dying on both sides? Is it worth people dying over on both sides?

I'm not informed enough to make an opinion on this topic.

I think education, to all corners of the continent, would help. Education leading to a restructuring of society that would take into account healing from the long term effects of colonialism. I think the aftermath of colonialism has much to do with the current state of affairs. I understand your frustration and hopelessness. I was born and raised in Peru, and came to the US as a teenager. There is corruption, crime, environmental destruction for short term gain of international conglomerates, etc. I think the only way to change it is to go back and be the change we want to see. Run for office, educate, educate, educate.

We don't have right and freedom if assembly, all channels are closed.

If you are for war in Africa, then I think it is your responsibility to return there to participate in that war and not stay in safe asylum and prod it on. In My Humble Opinion

That's something I am prepared to do if that's the only option available to acquire liberty and freedom, however I do think that my post is more than what you have picked from it.

wow you are a very unhelpful person , my opinion .he's asking for advice and that is all you have? !!

I think if you are going to fight a war you want to be damn sure you'll win.

A war is winnable but my brain cannot digest all the innocent lives and property that will perish, that's what keeps me on Bay and keep on dreaming that one day we will defeat the tyranny. But I am already feeling weary.

nobody wins

@markdevenish So you believe no war is ever justified? I am not an absolute pacifist. I oppose war but I do believe that sometimes circumstances require it. WWII immediately comes to mind. Hitler had to be stopped. Great Britain had every right to fight in defense of their country and I believe it was correct for the United States to come to their aid.

@markdevenish I do agree with you. War is ugly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23712
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.